User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User AlistairS
(member) Tue 01-Oct-13 21:33:04
Print Post

Re: BT Broadband & Phone - Price Increase

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
I received my email from BT about this today. That offers me the option of leaving my phone contract without penalty while still within the minimum term.

If that's what you want to do, which your question implies, then it would be best to wait until you receive the email that says the same regarding phone and broadband. If you ask for a MAC before that things could get messy.

It's even possible they would let you move the phone but hold you to the term for broadband. Seeing as I'm not with BT for broadband my email doesn't mention it.

Thanks, will wait & see what my email/letter says. Just think its an opportunity to look at the alternatives.
Standard User AlistairS
(member) Wed 02-Oct-13 17:27:23
Print Post

[re: AlistairS] [link to this post]

Ironically I got an email today about my line rental advance being up at the end of this month. However, nothing about the price increases yet. Anyone else still waiting to hear from them?
Standard User rich_jtg
(regular) Wed 02-Oct-13 17:45:49
Print Post

[re: AlistairS] [link to this post]

Not heard anything either.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Thu 03-Oct-13 12:37:59
Print Post

[re: hypertony] [link to this post]

despite 2.3 billion profit last year.

Watchdog's dig at Ian Livingstone was classic. Another MP who is going to screw this country dry.

"
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Thu 03-Oct-13 12:53:38
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

Watchdog did seem to have an obsession with payouts and salaries yesterday - is it really that relevant what they earn as a way to suggest they can afford it so don't care about others. Watchdog is as bad as tabloid press most of the time.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Thu 03-Oct-13 13:04:49
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

No mention of the free caller display option for 12 mths if you take the LRS for another year, or how you go about opting out of bt answer 1571,

What my plan is, take lrs with the caller diplay offer and cancel the bt answer 1571 as i ain't gonna give the theives at BT £1.75 per month for something that rarely is used and imo isn't worth £1.75 per month

Screen cap of the E mail from BT

Terms and conditions

*Calls of up to an hour to 01, 02 and 03 numbers, excluding the Channel Islands. Other exclusions apply.
1. BT Answer 1571: Opt-in required. Until 3 January 2014, a minimum call commitment applies. You must make two chargeable or inclusive calls a month (excludes calls made with Broadband Talk) or you will be charged £2.00 per month. From 4 January, this previously free service will cost £1.75 a month and the minimum call commitment will be removed.

2. BT Privacy with Caller Display: Opt-in required. Includes registration by BT on the Telephone Preference Scheme (TPS) and Caller Display. Until 3 January 2014, a minimum call commitment applies. You must make two chargeable or inclusive calls a month (excludes calls made with Broadband Talk) or you will be charged £2.00 per month. From 4 January, this previously free service will cost £1.75 a month and the minimum call commitment will be removed. Caller Display equipment required. Allow 28 days for activation of the TPS service. Terms apply.

3. Line Rental Saver: You can pay for your monthly line rental either by Direct Debit for £15.45 (rising to £15.99 on 4 January 2014) a month (standard line rental) or by paying £141 by credit/debit card for 12 months in advance (Line Rental Saver) which is equivalent to £11.75 a month. You'll need to pay any additional call charges by Direct Debit. You'll receive e-billing. Connection charges may apply and there's a 12-month minimum term for new connections. Exclusions and conditions apply.

4. BT SmartTalk: You'll need a BT home calling plan and an iPhone/Android smartphone connected to wi-fi or an internet connection. Use BT SmartTalk to access calls included as part of your calling plan, when using your smartphone. Five users per BT account. GMT time zone applies. International, Premium (09) and Personal (070) calls require an opt-in but are not included in this offer.
Fair Use Policy applies. Excludes BT Basic. See bt.com/free60 for details. Terms apply. Offer ends 31 January 2014:
60 minutes of free calls per month throughout 2014 for BT SmartTalk customers. Each user (up to a maximum of 5) registered against your BT SmartTalk account will get the first 60 minutes of chargeable calls they make using the BT SmartTalk service free. Unused monthly allowance cannot be carried over to the following month or transferred between users on a single account. Value of free calls for each user will be shown on the account holder's bill and total value will be applied as a discount.
BT reserves the right to end the offer at any time, including before the published end date.

The above deals are subject to availability, terms and prices may change during the contract period. See our terms and conditions at bt.com/terms

If this change means you want to end your service, you can do that by telling us within ten days of receipt of this email without needing to pay a charge for ending your contract early.

Please don't reply to this email it's been automatically generated by our computer. If you need to get in touch, please use the contact links above. We sent this email to you from [email protected] because you are a BT customer.

Calls to 0871 cost a maximum of 10.2p per minute plus 13.87p set-up fee (increasing to 14.76p on 4 January 2014); calls to 070 cost no more than 51p per minute, with a maximum set-up charge of 51p. See bt.com/personal/pricing

© British Telecommunications plc 2013. We're registered in England at 81 Newgate Street, London EC1A 7AJ (company number 1800000). All this information was correct 1 October 2013.

Edited by tommy45 (Thu 03-Oct-13 13:18:28)

Standard User John_ON
(knowledge is power) Thu 03-Oct-13 13:49:46
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

As they're going to start charging for these Calling Features, they need to make it a heck of a lot simpler to see what features you actually do have.

The only way I can see at present is to start an order for calling features which, after about three pages, finally lists the current features. Even then, having a simple list with checkboxes to select or de-select isn't complicated enough for them.

Having seen what features you have, you then have to cancel the order but you leave not being entirely certain whether you've cancelled ALL your calling features, just the ones you wanted to cancel, or none of them!

John

RouterStatsHub Beta Line monitoring tool for the Home Hub 3

ISP:BT (Infinity 1 - 37.6/8.4Mbps)
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Thu 03-Oct-13 15:04:14
Print Post

[re: John_ON] [link to this post]

Well if i can't get no sense for anyone at BT i'll be switching supplier or downgrading from the anytime unlimited to the free call plan, and just use over ride providers for day time calls , either way i won't be paying more it's them who will loose, hopefully from a lot of other customers as well as myself,
Does zen charge or block calls made via18185 ?

Edited by tommy45 (Thu 03-Oct-13 15:59:21)

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Thu 03-Oct-13 23:57:18
Print Post

In reply to a post by John_ON:
As they're going to start charging for these Calling Features, they need to make it a heck of a lot simpler to see what features you actually do have.

Does anyone subscribed to Anytime Calls find that "My BT" tells you you have Weekend calls only?

Oliver.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 04-Oct-13 01:32:12
Print Post

In reply to a post by John_ON:
they need to make it a heck of a lot simpler to see what features you actually do have.
It's been discussed here before but anyone with someone else's phone # & postcode can view and change their Calling Features. Similarly with Calling Plan.

Aside from doing it thro' your own MyBT.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to