User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 04-Oct-13 15:10:24
Print Post

Re: BT Broadband & Phone - Price Increase - EDITED

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

They make it convoluted but try following this:
  • On 'Hi you' page, scroll down to 'My Products / My Phone'
  • Click on 'Customise your phone line'. Now here's the rub: not everyone has this. I do, but my daughter doesn't. We have reported this to BT and they are investigating. Maybe your friend is in same boat. EDIT: If you can't see this link, use the links I gave earlier in this thread and it takes you the logged-in versions.
  • Leads you to a 'My Phone' page. Click on 'Your Calling Plan' in L menu.
  • Click on 'Change Your Calling Plan' button at top R.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Fri 04-Oct-13 15:13:37)

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Fri 04-Oct-13 16:20:24
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Click on 'Customise your phone line'. Now here's the rub: not everyone has this. I do, but my daughter doesn't. We have reported this to BT and they are investigating. Maybe your friend is in same boat.

Yep, "customise your phone line" is missing from the "My BT" in question.

The account is only a couple of months old though, how old is yours and your daughter's accounts?

Oliver.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 04-Oct-13 16:49:03
Print Post

Both for years. My daughter's only disappeared recently. Hence the complaint to BT.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Fri 04-Oct-13 17:43:25
Print Post

Both for years. My daughter's only disappeared recently. Hence the complaint to BT.

Ah right, age of account probably has no bearing then. I have noticed that new account numbers now all start "GB" whereas they used to match the first two letters of the exchange code, but that probably has no bearing on anything.

Oliver.
Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 04-Oct-13 17:52:49
Print Post

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
used to match the first two letters of the exchange code
This is the region, e.g. SM = South Midlands. I guess the region has long since ceased to have any significance for the way BT Retail operate - they deal with BT Openreach in the same way wherever you live. Indeed, I wonder if the region has any ongoing operational significance to BT Openreach.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 04-Oct-13 18:57:03
Print Post

Re: BT Broadband & Phone - Price Increase

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by David_W:
This is the region, e.g. SM = South Midlands.
It must be less than that, a sub-Region. I'm in South East Region, but my exchange code starts with 'TH', which I guess stands for Thames Valley.

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 04-Oct-13 19:35:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by David_W:
This is the region, e.g. SM = South Midlands.
It must be less than that, a sub-Region. I'm in South East Region, but my exchange code starts with 'TH', which I guess stands for Thames Valley.

I thought they were billing offices. I'm also TH.

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Sold 42/6 - Getting 46/8 - Sync 50 / 9 Mbps @ 470m approx
14 years of broadband (ntl: cable to BT FTTC) - Router: Asus RT-N66U - Modem: Huawei HG612 speedtest
Standard User panda
(committed) Sat 05-Oct-13 09:19:59
Print Post

Thameswey.
The initial two letters refer to old District areas - essentially (what was) an area of responsibility for a Telephone General Manager
e.g. SM - South Mids, ND - North Downs (& Weald), SD - South Downs, LS - London South, CL - City of London etc.

Eats shoots and leaves.
Standard User AlistairS
(member) Mon 07-Oct-13 20:05:10
Print Post

[re: rich_jtg] [link to this post]

I still haven't got the letter/email but phoned them up, asked for mac code & got the run around. One person said £78 for cancelling, another £108 & another said no penalty. However, they don't seem to put any notes on your account so I could see you being hit with a cancellation fee. I didn't cancel with BT as I don't want the situation where I would be without my services.

UPDATE

I have gone through TopCashBack & signed up to PlusNet Fibre unlimited with anytime calls & line rental up front. I will phone BT again tomorrow & no doubt go through the same conversations again. However, I will tell them I am leaving but not to put a cease on the line.

Edited by AlistairS (Mon 07-Oct-13 22:13:22)

Standard User fernandez
(committed) Thu 10-Oct-13 22:34:41
Print Post

[re: AlistairS] [link to this post]

Apologies if this link has been given previously
https://www.bt.com/static/wa/account/pricechanges/lo...

It will tell you how much you broadband package will increase in January

This is in addition to line rental, call charges. connection fee increases as well as Caller Display and 1571 charges
Pages in this thread: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to