User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User AlistairS
(member) Thu 10-Oct-13 22:42:10
Print Post

Re: BT Broadband & Phone - Price Increase

[re: fernandez] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by fernandez:
Apologies if this link has been given previously
https://www.bt.com/static/wa/account/pricechanges/lo...

It will tell you how much you broadband package will increase in January

This is in addition to line rental, call charges. connection fee increases as well as Caller Display and 1571 charges
Thanks, when I spoke to them earlier this week they said that my BB wasn't increasing but it clearly is & that I would be charged a cancellation fee on my BB but not my landline - lies. Have taken a pdf copy as proof.
Standard User thar
(experienced) Fri 11-Oct-13 06:45:30
Print Post

[re: AlistairS] [link to this post]

I discovered this link last night. I had read that people in contract had been told their broadband was not increasing, yet this shows mine is also. Only by £1.67, but I'm hoping this allows me out of contract. I have emailed BT for confirmation, then I intend to get a MAC and move to Plusnet.

be* -> May 2013 BT Infinity 2 IP Profile 77.44 Mbps D/L 75.38 Mbps U/L 16.61 Mbps
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 12-Oct-13 08:21:50
Print Post

[re: thar] [link to this post]

yes mine is been bumped also, its not mentioned the caller display fee on that page tho, I had to click on the full details link.

So if I understand right.

Caller display was previously free if made enough chargeable calls per month (I think 2?) but otherwise £1.50.
Now its £1.75 regardless if making calls or not.
On mobiles caller display comes as standard.

BT's inclusive call packages continue to not include mobile numbers. Mobile inclusive minutes do include mobile numbers.

The pay per minute BT will be charging is now more than what O2 charge me for non inclusive minutes. I pay 6p min on O2 to landlines, BT is 9p min. O2 also charge me 16p to mobiles, BT is 12p. Overall O2 far superior for me given I have 800mins which I pretty much never exceed.

BT still free to 0800 but soon 0800 will also be free on mobiles, and I have free 0800 on my giffgaff phone. do connection charges apply on 0800 calls?

15p connection charge, this one the real eye opener, crazy stuff.

I think landlines for calls are almost obselete in the home. If it wasnt for DSL saving their landline sub's, BT would be in serious trouble in the consumer market. A while ago landlines did have the advantage they were way cheaper than mobiles but I think that isnt the case now.

Even PAYG mobile user's have the advantage they have no monthly rental to pay.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 12-Oct-13 11:50:08
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
BT still free to 0800 but soon 0800 will also be free on mobiles, and I have free 0800 on my giffgaff phone. do connection charges apply on 0800 calls?

No connection fee to 0800 on BT.

I think landlines for calls are almost obselete in the home. If it wasnt for DSL saving their landline sub's, BT would be in serious trouble in the consumer market. A while ago landlines did have the advantage they were way cheaper than mobiles but I think that isnt the case now.

Landline providers usually charge around £5 a month for unlimited anytime calls to 01/02/03 landlines and 0845/0870 numbers, which I think is pretty good value.

Charges to mobiles are a different matter, but I think if landline providers don't pass on the savings from the recent termination rate cuts, that Ofcom will step in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12743038

Oliver.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 12-Oct-13 15:33:27
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

My O2 mobile SIM only is 300 minutes to any mobile network, unlimited calls to landlines starting with 01 and 02, and unlimited internet. No FUP/AUP, but no tethering allowed unless they have added it without my noticing - that's unlikely.

Never use the landline, (which has E & W included in the standard rental), in the day for 01 or 02, though my wife did a bit, and no need to for such in the evening either. I have BT SmartTalk on my mobile for anything that would be chargeable on it, but that would anyway be insignificant compared to what caller display and 1571 are now going to cost.

It may be time, with great reluctance, to look around, There are a number of WLR suppliers at under £12 rental.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 55.8/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 12-Oct-13 15:39:15
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
My O2 mobile SIM only is 300 minutes to any mobile network, unlimited calls to landlines starting with 01 and 02, and unlimited internet. No FUP/AUP, but no tethering allowed unless they have added it without my noticing - that's unlikely.

How much do you pay for that?

Oliver.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 12-Oct-13 15:55:30
Print Post

Originally £15 for the mobile side plus £5 for the unlimited internet, so £15, which with the Vat increase went to £15.62 and has just gone up to £15.74.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 55.8/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 12-Oct-13 18:11:37
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Originally £15 for the mobile side plus £5 for the unlimited internet, so £15, which with the Vat increase went to £15.62 and has just gone up to £15.74.

Not bad at all. If I remember rightly you are far from a heavy downloader on broadband.

So, can you ditch the landline altogether and just tether your PC to the mobile for internet (putting it in wifi hotspot mode)?

Oliver.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 12-Oct-13 18:34:53
Print Post

In reply to a post by Oliver341:

No connection fee to 0800 on BT.

Landline providers usually charge around £5 a month for unlimited anytime calls to 01/02/03 landlines and 0845/0870 numbers, which I think is pretty good value.

Charges to mobiles are a different matter, but I think if landline providers don't pass on the savings from the recent termination rate cuts, that Ofcom will step in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12743038

usually? BT now £7 for that.

Since my mobikle covers all my needs (and I think is same for many people) why would I pay BT £7 for unlimited calls. On top of £15 line rental (if no line saver up front payment) thats £22 for a phone thats stuck in a static location with no caller display. Bad pricing for sure.

The only thing better on landlines (BT lines) really is 0845, and of course business and even various government love to use 0845/0844 numbers The inclusive 0845 is almost useless as I think its rare I ring up these numbers on a weekend. but bizzarely on BT 0845 is pretty cheap to call anyway, on any other network 0845 is more like a premium rate number but its very cheap on BT lines.

The bad news is when the 0800 changes come in at the same time we can expect an increased 0845 cost as the reason is related to ofcom regulation which is going to change.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 12-Oct-13 18:37:10
Print Post

In reply to a post by Oliver341:

How much do you pay for that?

yeah I forgot to mention I also have unlimted landline calls, they dont go out my 800 minutes.

I pay £13.50 month O2 have gave me no annual increases whatsoever since I signed up to my package 5 or so years ago. My package is no longer possible to buy, the unlimited landlines is via a bolt on which they dont do anymore.

However O2 do now do a new completely unlimited package which includes mobiles, landlines (not 08xx) but £22 sim free I think. Still better value than BT tho.

Edited by Chrysalis (Sat 12-Oct-13 18:38:51)

Pages in this thread: << 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to