User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | [18] | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sat 26-Oct-13 10:32:04
Print Post

Re: BT Broadband & Phone - Price Increase

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

I think you have got to have Caller display before you can pre-register: "BT Privacy with Caller Display will cost £1.75 a month from 4 January 2014, but existing customers of the service can pre-register to continue getting it free for 12 months. Find out more and register at bt.com/freecallerdisplay."
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 26-Oct-13 11:00:43
Print Post

In reply to a post by cheshire_man:
But I do have Caller Display. I guess the question is What is it in my package that gives me Caller Display?.

If you have free caller display, at some point knowingly or unknowingly you signed up to "BT Privacy with free Caller Display".

In that case, you can get free caller display on 4 Jan, so pre-register now.

Oliver.
Standard User Malwaremike
(member) Sat 26-Oct-13 12:53:20
Print Post

We have the same package as yourself, with line rental paid in advance, we don't use 1571, and were equally puzzled until a BT email five days ago:
In January, BT Answer 1571 is changing.1 You'll be able to keep more messages for longer and check them remotely. From 4 January 2014 this service will be £1.75 a month.
If you have BT Privacy with Caller Display it will cost you £1.75 a month from 4 January 2014. But you can sign up and get BT Privacy with Caller Display free for a year (a new 12-month line rental contract applies)

The way BT has been hiking its prices we aren't prepared to accept yet another year's contract which presumably applies after our existing one ends in August next year. Like so many 'free' offers BT's caller display has strings attached.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 26-Oct-13 13:09:04
Print Post

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

Hopefully "a new 12-month line rental contract applies" doesn't affect existing Line Rental Saver arrangements.

Oliver.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 26-Oct-13 14:41:28
Print Post

there's nothing in the My Extras section of My BT. But I do have Caller Display. I guess the question is What is it in my package that gives me Caller Display?.
It's not under My Extras; it's in your Calling Features as I said. Try from 'Customise your phone line' under My Phone.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User cheshire_man
(knowledge is power) Sat 26-Oct-13 17:44:52
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Thanks. Eventually found under a heading of Phone: Calling Features BT Privacy at Home with Caller Display at a charge of £0.00.

So I need to register to continue to get Caller Display for free.

Tony
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sat 26-Oct-13 18:19:45
Print Post

I believe pre-registering for free BT Privacy and Caller Display will bind you in to a new 12 months contract but if you are happy to stay with BT Retail for line rental then that's fine smile
Standard User John_ON
(knowledge is power) Sat 26-Oct-13 19:35:24
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

I've pre-registered but, as I started a new Infinity contract in September, I'm tied into BT until November 2014 anyway.

John.

RouterStatsHub Beta Line monitoring tool for the Home Hub 3

ISP:BT (Infinity 1 - 37.6/8.4Mbps)
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sat 26-Oct-13 19:51:45
Print Post

[re: John_ON] [link to this post]

Will there be a slight overlap with the new line rental contract lasting a bit longer than the broadband?
Standard User cheshire_man
(knowledge is power) Sat 26-Oct-13 19:59:15
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 4M2:
I believe pre-registering for free BT Privacy and Caller Display will bind you in to a new 12 months contract but if you are happy to stay with BT Retail for line rental then that's fine smile
As I said upthread
Given that we are likely to renew the annual line payment then I can see no reason not to pre-register for Caller Display with its 12-month term implication.
so have no intention for the time being of leaving BT Retail for telephone.

Tony
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement
Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | [18] | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to