User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 26-Oct-13 20:48:56
Print Post

Re: BT Broadband & Phone - Price Increase

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 4M2:
Will there be a slight overlap with the new line rental contract lasting a bit longer than the broadband?

So for someone 1 month into an 18 month contract, absolutely no reason not to commit to 12 months!

Oliver.
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sat 26-Oct-13 20:58:57
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Ah! An 18 month contract from September, I read it as only being tied to BT Retail until November 2014 smile
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 26-Oct-13 21:47:05
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
In reply to a post by cheshire_man:
I realise that the line rental is likely to increase but what I'm really not sure is whether we will incur any additional charges for Caller Display or similar.

Yes, unless you sign up for free caller display: http://www.bt.com/freecallerdisplay

Note: you have to do this to continue to get free caller display.

its not free in the sense that you have to commit to 12 months contract.

Also I had issues trying to get this added, BT seem to want to add the 12 months to m FTTC as well, and in addition they wont let me do the line rental saver on this extension either. So they giving me a choice of either paying the higher line rental with this free caller display or pay for line rental saver but paying for caller display, anyone else had the same? what normally happens to people in their 2nd year when they paid line rental in advance?

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 26-Oct-13 22:01:04
Print Post

Ah! An 18 month contract from September, I read it as only being tied to BT Retail until November 2014 smile

Yeah, I was just rambling about people with 18 month contracts in general. smile

Oliver.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 26-Oct-13 22:02:06
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
they wont let me do the line rental saver on this extension either

So you took LRS and now the pre-registration form says you aren't eligible for free caller display?

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver341 (Sat 26-Oct-13 22:02:39)

Standard User rich_jtg
(regular) Sun 27-Oct-13 11:52:59
Print Post

[re: John_ON] [link to this post]

Am I right in thinking that if you pre-register, then the 12 month contract starts from January?

I'm also thinking of moving from BT when my LRS runs out... my broadband is with a third-party however.

Would I need to cease the broadband, and then restart if I were to switch from BT to say the Post Office?

(Market 1 exchange - no LLU)
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 27-Oct-13 12:55:05
Print Post

[re: rich_jtg] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by rich_jtg:
Am I right in thinking that if you pre-register, then the 12 month contract starts from January?
Yes, Jan 4th is my interpretation, being when the chargeable BT Privacy with Caller ID launches, but the form is unclear and ambiguous. I am hoping that when the promised email (not as yet) comes it will be made clear.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sun 27-Oct-13 12:56:56
Print Post

[re: rich_jtg] [link to this post]

I think free BT Privacy and Caller display will involve a new 12 months contract from when it launches on Dec 6th for those who pre-register and who are existing BT Privacy and Caller Display customers. Customers who have Caller Display as part of their Calling Features Pack are excluded from this pre-registration offer.

There will not be a broadband cease on your line if you migrate to another ISP and a MAC key is provided by your current ISP nor if you switch WLR line rental providers after giving the correct notice etc. smile

Edited by 4M2 (Sun 27-Oct-13 13:06:23)

Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sun 27-Oct-13 13:00:04
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Yes, Jan 4th is my interpretation, being when the chargeable BT Privacy with Caller ID launches, but the form is unclear and ambiguous. I am hoping that when the promised email (not as yet) comes it will be made clear.

I tend to “interpret” it as Dec 6th - but may certainly be wrong smile
Standard User John_ON
(knowledge is power) Sun 27-Oct-13 15:09:08
Print Post

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:

I tend to “interpret” it as Dec 6th - but may certainly be wrong smile

*Pre-register before 6th December 2013. Provision on or after 6th December 2013.

I suppose they could delay provision so the 12 months would start from when they provision it but I read it as 12 months from December 6th-ish.

As I'm tied to their phone line until late November 2014 for Infinity anyway, a few weeks either way is neither here nor there.

John.

RouterStatsHub Beta Line monitoring tool for the Home Hub 3

ISP:BT (Infinity 1 - 37.6/8.4Mbps)
Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to