User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User flippery
(committed) Fri 27-Sep-13 20:07:28
Print Post

Re: BT Broadband & Phone - Price Increase

[re: hypertony] [link to this post]

In the past caller display and 1571 charges could be avoided by making 2 paid calls a month. Is this changing too?.

Edited by flippery (Fri 27-Sep-13 20:08:12)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 27-Sep-13 20:15:39
Print Post

[re: ggremlin] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ggremlin:
I read it as all those that have signed up for 'privacy' telephone preference service, will now be charged for caller ID, unless they actively turn it off.
one bright side, plenty of chance to escape current minimum term contracts.
Caller ID is nothing to do with 1571. 1571 is voicemail.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 51.8/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Fri 27-Sep-13 20:16:56
Print Post

[re: flippery] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by flippery:
In the past caller display and 1571 charges could be avoided by making 2 paid calls a month. Is this changing too?.

Everyone who wants 1571 will have to pay for it next year. There's no indication that BT Privacy (with free caller display) will cease.

Oliver.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 27-Sep-13 20:27:07
Print Post

Since when was 1571 chargeable?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 27-Sep-13 20:35:02
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
Everyone who wants 1571 will have to pay for it next year. There's no indication that BT Privacy (with free caller display) will cease.
Privacy at Home will cost £1.75 per month from January, unfortunately. This wasn't in the ThinkBroadband news article, but is mentioned in the Daily Mail article.

BT Retail charge for any time calls is levied once per account, not per line - unless that, too, is changing. As we have (and still need) two lines, that's the only thing keeping our phone service with BT Retail.

The need for two any time call packages and lack of any advance line rental for a year deal makes Zen more expensive for us, notwithstanding the broadband discount we'd get for taking Zen's phone and broadband bundle. These changes reduce the difference between BT Retail and Zen considerably for us. If BT Retail make any more adverse price changes like this, it's getting close to the point where we may move completely to Zen.

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Fri 27-Sep-13 20:39:36
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by David_W:
Privacy at Home will cost £1.75 per month from January, unfortunately. This wasn't in the ThinkBroadband news article, but is mentioned in the Daily Mail article.

Thanks for that. I was going off the Telegraph article which was sloppily written.

So an extra £3.50 for services which were previously free, on top of the other price increases. BT really are putting the sting on people.

Oliver.
Standard User flippery
(committed) Fri 27-Sep-13 21:14:55
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:

Not sure if it ever was. My BT contract for Anytime has always been " privacy + 1571 + 1471 free as long as I made 2 chargeable calls a month otherwise £1.75 / month. I do not have mobile phone and always complied.

Noticed in the Daily Mail article the following line

" Customers opted into BT Answer 1571 can continue to get the service for free if they agree to sign up to line rental with the company for another year!"

Edited by flippery (Fri 27-Sep-13 21:17:38)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 27-Sep-13 21:42:40
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Not sure if it ever was.
It wasn't smile. Your "... 1571 charges could be avoided by making 2 paid calls a month ..." was what worried me, as it was news to me.

Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Fri 27-Sep-13 22:06:05
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

That 2 calls per month thing could include free calls made in the evenings and at the weekend, i.e. inclusive calls as well as chargeable calls.

BTW. whatever happened to the paper free billing discount - that disappeared without much warning?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 27-Sep-13 22:30:34
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Yes, plan calls count towards the 6 per quarter, in my case.

Paperless billing discount I think went in the 5/1/13 rises.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to