User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | [22] | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 28-Oct-13 15:50:49
Print Post

Re: BT Broadband & Phone - Price Increase

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

I was asking about the email in the vain hope it might clarify things. Already read the confusing pre-reg page which also talks about 12m from 'launch'.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Mon 28-Oct-13 15:52:04
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I had the email but deleted it yesterday and it isn't in my trash. I think the email was far less clear than the signup page (the sign up page actually is pretty clear to me, from 6/12 they will start moving people on to the scheme and your 12 month contract start date will likely depend on where you are in that rollout plan).
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 28-Oct-13 15:52:31
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
It seems telcos like to say "contract" instead of "minimum term" these days.

It confuses the likes of me, since "contract" to me means a set of terms and conditions to which one commits, and does not solely represent the length of the minimum term.

Yes indeed, an example would be somebody "out of contract" with BT Retail for line rental and if they wished to leave then effectively their "minimum term" would be 14 days since that is the notice required before one can switch to another provider in order to avoid termination charges and a possible cease.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Mon 28-Oct-13 15:57:04
Print Post

Found the email (it was older than I thought) - not going to help much though:

We're changing our prices in January.
From 4 January 2014, we're putting some of our prices up. Line rental will go up by just 3.5 per cent from £15.45 to £15.99 a month. We're also making changes to some of our call, broadband and Sky Sports prices. You'll find all the details here.

BT Answer 1571 and BT Privacy with Caller Display.
In January, BT Answer 1571 is changing. You'll be able to keep more messages for longer and check them remotely. From 4 January 2014 this service will be £1.75 a month.

If you have BT Privacy with Caller Display it will cost you £1.75 a month from 4 January 2014. But you can sign up and get BT Privacy with Caller Display free for a year (a new 12-month line rental contract applies).

Sign up for free BT Privacy with Caller Display and manage your calling features here.

We're keeping our mobile charges the same for the third year running.
We know people are calling mobiles more, so we're keeping the price of calling UK mobiles from your landline the same. That means you'll carry on getting the same mobile call rates as you do now.

How to keep your bills down.
Save over 25% on your line rental by paying a year up front with Line Rental Saver.

Save with Unlimited Anytime Calls. You get unlimited calls to UK* landlines and 0845/0870 numbers, and discounted pence-per-minute rates to UK mobiles for £7 a month.

To get any of these deals you'll need to keep paying your existing BT line rental.

Free calls from your mobile with BT SmartTalk.
From 4 January you can get 60 minutes of free mobile calls every month with the BT SmartTalk app. You will get these calls every month across 2014. You can save money on calls from your mobile to 0870, 0845, 0800 numbers, UK* landlines or mobiles. Sign up before 31 January 2014.

Find out more about the ways we can help you save.

Edited by ian72 (Mon 28-Oct-13 15:58:50)

Standard User The_Voyager
(committed) Mon 28-Oct-13 16:03:58
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

It looks like they have changed it, I did read a couple of weeks ago somewhere on the BT site about it being free if you took out LRS, but it is not there now and it has been replaced with this pre-register item instead.

Bob WRBRIX
BT Infinity 2 - Fritz! 7390 ~ Sync 79.99/20 Mbits Actual 76.27/19.69 Mbits @ 320m
DialUp to CIX, BT Home Highway+CIX, ADSL1 Nildram, ADSL2 SKY & Be*Unlimited
Standard User The_Voyager
(committed) Mon 28-Oct-13 16:13:57
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I only posted the T&Cs

The wording in the email for that is:

If you have BT Privacy with Caller Display it will cost you £1.75 a month2 from 4 January 2014. But you can sign up and get BT Privacy with Caller Display free for a year (a new 12-month line rental contract applies).

the 2 after mont his superscript and points to the respective T&C

Bob WRBRIX
BT Infinity 2 - Fritz! 7390 ~ Sync 79.99/20 Mbits Actual 76.27/19.69 Mbits @ 320m
DialUp to CIX, BT Home Highway+CIX, ADSL1 Nildram, ADSL2 SKY & Be*Unlimited
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 28-Oct-13 16:21:31
Print Post

In reply to a post by ian72:
The 12 months starts "from date of provision". And provision will be "on or after 6th December". So, whatever date they get around to provisioning will be the start date of the 12 months.

But if one already has it then surely it's already provisioned? Perhaps that means for those who have it now the new contract will start in December?
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Mon 28-Oct-13 16:32:08
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

I think they are saying the old service is ceasing to exist so the new service will be provisioned (obiously we might think it is a continuation of the same thing but BT see it is something new for us lucky punters).
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 28-Oct-13 16:41:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by ian72:
I think they are saying the old service is ceasing to exist so the new service will be provisioned (obiously we might think it is a continuation of the same thing but BT see it is something new for us lucky punters).

OK smile

I just seem to remember that BT answer phone took 24 hours or so to be "provisioned" or "activated" (?) on my old free evening and weekend calls, contracted line rental deal almost two years ago...it took weeks to get rid of it though...
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 28-Oct-13 16:55:17
Print Post

Interestingly, when you do pre-register it comes back with the confirmation page:
Thank you

We will send you confirmation when the product is added to your account which can be anytime up to 4th January 2014.
I don't remember it doing this when I pre-registered my 2 lines last week, but I've just done it for my daughter and it did this.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | [22] | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to