User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | [23] | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 28-Oct-13 17:06:34
Print Post

Re: BT Broadband & Phone - Price Increase

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Interestingly, when you do pre-register it comes back with the confirmation page:
Thank you

We will send you confirmation when the product is added to your account which can be anytime up to 4th January 2014.
I don't remember it doing this when I pre-registered my 2 lines last week, but I've just done it for my daughter and it did this.

So the pre-registering was a committment to a new contract starting when? From the moment when the product is added to the account sometime before Jan 4?
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 28-Oct-13 17:13:48
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Well, all we really know is that something is going to happen in this respect between 6 Dec & 4 Jan.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 28-Oct-13 17:24:05
Print Post

I guess Jan 4 would perhaps be the most likely date for the new 12 months contacts to start?

BT billing can be difficult to decipher so perhaps a new billing date of Jan 4 would perhaps make things a little less incomprehensible smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 28-Oct-13 17:42:34
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 4M2:
I guess Jan 4 would perhaps be the most likely date for the new 12 months contacts to start?

It would be, if BT hadn't written "Provision on or after 6th December 2013".

If different people get provisioned on different days it would be unfair, since some would get more free days than others (unless this deal is to be offered every year).

Oliver.
Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 28-Oct-13 18:00:34
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
If different people get provisioned on different days it would be unfair, since some would get more free days than others (unless this deal is to be offered every year).
As I said in the thread about Privacy with Caller Display:
In reply to a post by David_W:
BT really couldn't have made much more of a mess with this one - ambiguity because of the word "pre-register", apparently no promptly sent confirmations (which may breach the requirement to notify various things found in Distance Selling Regulations), ambiguity over the date of provision and no rational connection between the end-date of the pre-registration scheme and the start date of the new charges.
There's more detail on the various points summarised here in my contributions to that thread. It seems as if BT are now sending confirmations following online pre-registrations, but, according to XRaySpeX, they didn't do so when he pre-registered two lines a while back.

Edited by David_W (Mon 28-Oct-13 20:17:44)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 28-Oct-13 18:57:12
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

It seems as if BT are now sending confirmations following online pre-registrations
Do you know this for a fact? The emails posted here today were notification of price rises, not in response to pre-registration as far as I can tell.

I pre-registered my daughter today and as yet no email has arrived, just that 'Thanks' page I mentioned earlier.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Mon 28-Oct-13 19:05:12)

Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 28-Oct-13 20:09:14
Print Post

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
It seems as if BT are now sending confirmations following online pre-registrations
Do you know this for a fact? The emails posted here today were notification of price rises, not in response to pre-registration as far as I can tell.

I pre-registered my daughter today and as yet no email has arrived, just that 'Thanks' page I mentioned earlier.
I was trying to be a little bit charitable towards BT based on your earlier post, but realise now that I misread that post. Whilst the confirmation you mention is a start, it's not an e-mail. How hard can it be to send an e-mail with confirmation of the full terms and conditions?

Standard User Speedchaser
(regular) Tue 29-Oct-13 12:39:50
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

My contract with BT has expired and now considering switching. I pay £5.15 for anytime calls. If I upgrade to unlimited fibre will that mean my anytime calls increase to £7.00? Is the new £7.00 charge for anytime calls automatically applied in Jan to existing customers? Or is it that if I keep my contract rolling will I always pay £5.15?
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Oct-13 12:50:31
Print Post

[re: Speedchaser] [link to this post]

I don't know the answers to your question but assume that your call package will be going up anyway as it seems they are putting everyone's up whether in contract or not.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 29-Oct-13 12:56:20
Print Post

[re: Speedchaser] [link to this post]

There's no reference to Calling Plans in the price increases. You should continue to pay £5.15 pm unless BT explicitly puts it up.

I was on a 1 year Anytime contract @ £5.15 less a discount I negotiated. When it expired in Sept it reverted to £5.15 flat. I then negotiated another discounted 1 year deal grin.

Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | [23] | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to