User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | [25] | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 29-Oct-13 14:00:45
Print Post

Re: BT Broadband & Phone - Price Increase

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
it said neither, so I rang up to confirm what would happen if I registered.

I know someone on LRS who successfully pre-registered for BTP&CD, so it seems the two offers aren't mutually exclusive, unless an email comes in December saying "sorry you aren't eligible".

Oliver.
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Oct-13 14:08:14
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

The LRS wont be syncronised to the new 12 months contract though, presumably when the period covered by the LRS has expired then full line rental will be charged?
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Oct-13 14:09:47
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

At which point you take out another contract. It is the problem with BT bundles - I have different end dates for broadband, LRS and BT privacy. One way they have of keeping people with them.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 29-Oct-13 14:11:28
Print Post

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
It's quite likely. BT are probably making BTP&CD an ongoing retention tool which is pretty cheap for them at £1.75 a month whilst valuable enough to make a lot of people commit for 12 months.

which we can see from the droves here leaving for plusnet is working well?

This is the first time I have been confused by billing.

No answer as to what happens when LRS expires.
BT telling me I cannot have LRS and 0 charged caller display at same time.

LRS alone is enough as a rentention tool in my opinion for the line rental, since thats a 12month up front payment.

Now I am sitting here thinking of 2 options I wasnt even considering before, they are.

1 - Leave BT completely (As others have done), I wasnt even considering this before, only the FTTC I was considering not line rental.
2 - Cancel Bt Privacy altogether. BT were occasionally making some £2 charges of me as I didnt always do the calls required. If i cancel they make none of me. My issue is tho although I get very few incoming calls on my line if its an important call I miss the caller display can be important for determining I missed an important call, but 90% of inbound calls say 'international'.

I will probably give BT retentions a shot, tell them I am leaving unless I get inclusive BT privacy with my LRS.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 29-Oct-13 14:12:36
Print Post

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
it said neither, so I rang up to confirm what would happen if I registered.

I know someone on LRS who successfully pre-registered for BTP&CD, so it seems the two offers aren't mutually exclusive, unless an email comes in December saying "sorry you aren't eligible".

yes but does his/her LRS expire at the same?

My LRS expires in Dec this year.

They didnt say my LRS would turn off, they just said I couldnt renew it.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Oct-13 14:19:49
Print Post

If you have no joy with retentions then I would cancel BT Privacy and Caller Display very soon because it could take some time to be "unprovisioned" - that's if you stay with BT Retail for line rental of course (it took ages to get rid of BT answer phone on my line some time ago.)
Standard User John_ON
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Oct-13 14:22:15
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
In reply to a post by John_ON:
if they provision it on 6th (or 7th) December, that's when the 12 months starts.
Even tho' it is still normally free until 4 Jan? Why should you pay, with a tie-in contract, for something that is still free for nearly a month?

You end up buying just over 11 months free Caller Display in exchange for a 12 months contract.

Not sure I follow how you 'buy' something that is free smile

Having a new 12 month contract starting (and therefore ending) a month earlier than it apparently needs to could work to your advantage when it's "interleaved" with an 18 month broadband contract that you're trying to run down before migrating but which is tied to the phone line contract.

If both started from the same starting point, BT effectively commit you to 2 broadband contracts and 3 phoneline contracts before they both expire at the same time.

John

RouterStatsHub Beta Line monitoring tool for the Home Hub 3

ISP:BT (Infinity 1 - 37.6/8.4Mbps)
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 29-Oct-13 14:26:47
Print Post

They didnt say my LRS would turn off, they just said I couldnt renew it.

Free BTP&CD will prevent LRS from being ordered in future? That's going to annoy a few people, if they weren't annoyed already.

Oliver.
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Oct-13 14:27:46
Print Post

[re: John_ON] [link to this post]

This re-contracting of line rental can certainly make it a hassle if one wishes to take a BB and line rental package with another provider.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 29-Oct-13 14:29:59
Print Post

[re: John_ON] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by John_ON:
Having a new 12 month contract starting (and therefore ending) a month earlier than it apparently needs to could work to your advantage when it's "interleaved" with an 18 month broadband contract that you're trying to run down before migrating but which is tied to the phone line contract.

I did put out the question as to what happens if someone takes this deal with 17 months left on their minimum term. I very much doubt it would shorten the MT to 12 months though.

Oliver.
Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | [25] | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to