User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 27-Sep-13 22:50:04
Print Post

Re: BT Broadband & Phone - Price Increase

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Paperless billing discount I think went in the 5/1/13 rises.
It's been gone for longer than that - 3/12/11 if this old post on the BTCare forums is accurate.

The way to get a discount from that point was to take Line Rental Saver, for which online billing is mandatory. Unfortunately in my case, BT would only let me have Line Rental Saver on one of the two lines on my account, even though I was happy to pay in advance for both. This makes a second line an expensive option.

If the costs of landline telephony keep rising this fast, I'm going to have to think again about our second line.

One option would be to take the number to a VoIP provider, though the consumer providers no longer seem to offer number porting and the business provider packages I looked at didn't make sense for a single line. In addition, I'd fear losing the number by not being able to return to donor or port it onwards later.

The other option would be to go to a cheaper provider and only take unlimited calls on one line. As my mobile has unlimited calls and doesn't have a 'redial after an hour' requirement, I make a substantial proportion of outgoing calls on my mobile anyway.

Standard User The_Voyager
(committed) Sat 28-Sep-13 09:02:40
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Methinks BT will be losing a lot of customers, I was just checking the PlusNet and TalkTalk websites, although I think the latter has a poor offering, Depends whether PlusNet have any increases in the near future.

Edit
I see PlusNet and TalkTalk both go up next month, but only a 49p increase in Line Rental for PlusNet, who are still showing old prices on their site.

Bob WRBRIX
BT Infinity 2 - Fritz! 7390 ~ Sync 79.99/20 Mbits Actual 76.27/19.69 Mbits @ 320m
DialUp to CIX, BT Home Highway+CIX, ADSL1 Nildram, ADSL2 SKY & Be*Unlimited

Edited by The_Voyager (Sat 28-Sep-13 09:09:53)

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Sep-13 12:28:12
Print Post

[re: The_Voyager] [link to this post]

Talktalk's £2.50 broadband was nicely timed, just a few days before BT's announced price rise.

Oliver.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Sep-13 12:46:00
Print Post

Can you explain why a TT 24/7 LLU unlimited broadband connection costs £2.50 yet the "Anytime UK Calls Boost" costs £5 when both are using the same landline?
(committed) Sat 28-Sep-13 13:01:09
Print Post

+£17.50 if you want the full blown FTTC but still cheaper than BT, but their line Rental goes up to £15.40/m.

Looking at other sites, what I may do is keep line rental with BT, do away with CallerID and Anytime, shift my FTTC to PlusNet and start using Call18866 for all landline calls, at the moment I only use it for International calls, shame they don't allow 0844 on there.

Is there anyone here on PlusNet that also uses 18866 prefix for calls or do you have to use the 0808 number (pricing difference on some calls), They say the 18866 doesn't work on Non-BT lines like Telewest & NTL but wondered if it works on PlusNet as that could sway me to change the Line Rental as well

Bob WRBRIX
BT Infinity 2 - Fritz! 7390 ~ Sync 79.99/20 Mbits Actual 76.27/19.69 Mbits @ 320m
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Sep-13 13:45:37
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 4M2:
Can you explain why a TT 24/7 LLU unlimited broadband connection costs £2.50 yet the "Anytime UK Calls Boost" costs £5 when both are using the same landline?

Talktalk's Anytime UK Calls Boost costs £5.50, but I don't understand you question.

Oliver.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 28-Sep-13 13:46:51
Print Post

Maybe the PlusNet forum would be a better place for the last paragraph? smile

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 51.8/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Sep-13 13:47:11
Print Post

In reply to a post by The_Voyager:
+£17.50 if you want the full blown FTTC but still cheaper than BT, but their line Rental goes up to £15.40/m.

I was thinking more about ADSL, where the £2.50 Talktalk price weighs against BT's £16.

Oliver.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 28-Sep-13 13:48:44
Print Post

I think he's on about the huge price difference between the unlimited broadband price and the anytime calls price? Which puts the more traffic on the line?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 51.8/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
(committed) Sat 28-Sep-13 14:51:01
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

could well be, was hoping someone on here might have known, rather than joining another forum

Bob WRBRIX
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to