User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User The_Voyager
(committed) Sat 28-Sep-13 14:55:43
Print Post

Re: BT Broadband & Phone - Price Increase

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

yes, much better offer to those who want a basic package, but still savings to be made at the top end as well.

The BUT in there is that you have to take their line rental to get those prices, and they don't have a very good reputation.

Bob WRBRIX
BT Infinity 2 - Fritz! 7390 ~ Sync 79.99/20 Mbits Actual 76.27/19.69 Mbits @ 320m
DialUp to CIX, BT Home Highway+CIX, ADSL1 Nildram, ADSL2 SKY & Be*Unlimited
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Sep-13 15:05:46
Print Post

[re: The_Voyager] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by The_Voyager:
The BUT in there is that you have to take their line rental to get those prices, and they don't have a very good reputation.

To counter that, you need a BT landline to get their prices.

Perhaps BT is hoping to squeeze BT customers for as much money as possible, whilst scooping up some of those unhappy with the price via Plusnet.

Oliver.
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Sep-13 15:07:46
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
I think he's on about the huge price difference between the unlimited broadband price and the anytime calls price? Which puts the more traffic on the line?

Not sure, the £5.50 for anytime calls is pretty standard though, what with Sky at £5.

Oliver.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Sep-13 15:27:45
Print Post

No surprise where some of the media has gone with this one: http://www.techradar.com/news/internet/broadband/the...

Oliver.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 28-Sep-13 16:26:01
Print Post

That's basically what the problem is with their ridiculous foray into Sports. The viewing figures are shocking.

__________________________________________________________________________a bit harsh and a tad childish__________________
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Sep-13 16:38:29
Print Post

BT Basic is still OK though - my elderly aunt just got her land line bill and I thought less than £30 for 3 months line rental with fairly light usage was pretty good smile
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 28-Sep-13 17:05:36
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Sport may be the high profile bit but add cloud, wifi to other costs.

BT is a long way from a barebones connection.

Imagine the uproar is BT cut its line rental from competitors smile

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 28-Sep-13 18:15:52
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Those other things haven't changed, sport is the only truly new thing - and it's a flop. As far as I remember, they have a 3 year deal.

__________________________________________________________________________a bit harsh and a tad childish__________________
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 28-Sep-13 18:35:09
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I'm confused.
Keep up-to-date with the latest news

Follow @BTSport on Twitter for the latest news as we head towards our launch this summer.
High latency on their website perhaps? Quite apart from not being able to read most of the "Full lineup".

Won't everyone interested in the football already have the far more comprehensive Sky?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 51.8/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 28-Sep-13 18:40:58
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

As the viewing figures are poor, the people who do the work CBA.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to