User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 28-Sep-13 18:50:31
Print Post

Re: BT Broadband & Phone - Price Increase

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Or the people who did the site are taking the mickey and have sailed off with the proceeds.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 51.8/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Sep-13 19:08:08
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

The BT Sport online stream died 70 minutes into the Tottenham - Chelsea match today, resulting in many customers missing the end of the match. Sigh.

http://community.bt.com/t5/Watching-BT-Sport-via-the...

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver341 (Sat 28-Sep-13 19:08:41)

Standard User professor973
(experienced) Sat 28-Sep-13 19:08:16
Print Post

[re: The_Voyager] [link to this post]

BT line rental going up to £15.99 in January, which is way above Zen at £11.22 with no tie in. All BT packages going up 6.5%, early leaving penalties 30% and speaking clock 6.5%. Not good when inflation is 2.5% and all in the name of making every customer pay for the 'Free' BT sport for some, which is only free to some of their rivals!

Zen Home Talk Plus - Freeola Family Broadband.
http://speedtest.net/result/2690543838.png

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(experienced) Sat 28-Sep-13 19:14:40
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

A good reason to stick with Vipbox, quite apart from more matches than all other suppliers put together.

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Sep-13 19:19:11
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by professor973:
A good reason to stick with Vipbox, quite apart from more matches than all other suppliers put together.

Sound and picture quality on Vipbox are poor, the popular streams buffer frequently, and the service operates illegally.

Aside from that though, it's great.

Oliver.
Standard User partial
(member) Sat 28-Sep-13 21:30:49
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Won't everyone interested in the football already have the far more comprehensive Sky?

The proof of the BT Sport pudding will come with the results next April.

I am interested in football but I don't think Sky Sports @ >£40 a month plus line rental and broadband charges is value for money. I've been there and I cancelled.

Personally, I think BT Sport is a masterstroke. The share price appears to agree. The competition touted here is illegal poor quality streams. That ain't gonna last forever.

BT is offering sport and unlimited broadband cheaper than many of the remaining small providers offer, often hard capped broadband alone, and cheaper than Sky.

This is not a bad place for BT to be, defending their largest telco market share position in telcoland by attacking a fat and previously unchallenged TV player. .

Edited by partial (Sat 28-Sep-13 21:38:03)

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 28-Sep-13 21:35:26
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

What device have you watched it on?

__________________________________________________________________________a bit harsh and a tad childish__________________
(experienced) Sat 28-Sep-13 21:42:18
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
In reply to a post by professor973:

Sound and picture quality on Vipbox are poor, the popular streams buffer frequently, and the service operates illegally.

Aside from that though, it's great.

I rarely suffer buffering. The video quality I watch is as good as TV and certainly does not suffer from the congestion BT users moan about. It is not illegal to watch the service and while that remains the case I will continue to have greater choice and save a fortune.

Standard User partial
(member) Sat 28-Sep-13 21:42:43
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I've watched football on Vision via my TV aerial and online on the street via a kindly openzone member. There is no Infinity in my village so I can't comment on youview service.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 28-Sep-13 21:46:39
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

The quality on Sky is excellent, maybe not as good online. I have a feeling Sky make the Youview boxes smile

__________________________________________________________________________a bit harsh and a tad childish__________________
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to