User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 09-Nov-13 12:25:23
Print Post

Re: 897 million reasons for a BT price rise

[re: panda] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by panda:
Similar to now?
Both finals to be free on BT Sport, as well as top matches from earlier rounds

Whilst the details are not yet finalised, I have every expectation the amount of Champions League on free TV will be significantly reduced. BT aren't primarily a TV company, CL is a stick to beat people towards phone lines and broadband.

Oliver.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 09-Nov-13 12:25:36
Print Post

It also announced it will show a selection of these new matches for free on BT Sport, even to homes that have not signed up to the channels.

The finals of each tournament will be showcased in this fashion along with a selection of top matches from earlier rounds. Fans will also be delighted to know that each participating British team will feature for free at least once each season.
I know what "once" means, but I wonder what "showcased" means?

______________________________________________________________________________________Go_girl!__________________
Standard User GMAN98
(experienced) Sat 09-Nov-13 12:28:17
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
In reply to a post by GMAN98:
It was only terrestrial because the rights were also shared with ITV. ITV lost out can't blame BT for that

We're blaming BT for fleecing its telephone and broadband customers in order to buy football rights away from free TV.

Like Sky did to its TV customers to finance their broadband arm you mean?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 09-Nov-13 12:30:21
Print Post

[re: GMAN98] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by GMAN98:
Like Sky did to its TV customers to finance their broadband arm you mean?

Since pay TV is a luxury item relative to telephone and broadband, I don't consider that analogous.

Oliver.
Standard User panda
(committed) Sat 09-Nov-13 12:37:11
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
I know what "once" means, but I wonder what "showcased" means?
In this context I would imagine it to mean 'showing off our content that is usually restricted to subscribing customers, to everybody free of charge' in the same manner that Sky sometimes do/did.

Eats shoots and leaves.
Standard User MrGrumpy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 09-Nov-13 12:42:37
Print Post

I`m afraid this is the greed that is now endemic in football these days, I`m a current BT Sport subscriber, will I keep subbing ? Hmm only if its minimal cost, I certainly would not be paying Sky type prices to watch football. Also as other folk have pointed out anything to stick two fingers up at Murdoch is fine in my book laugh

Regards

MrG

Remember: Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

All spelling and grammatical errors are left in on purpose
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 09-Nov-13 12:44:05
Print Post

I wonder if it means 'showing selected highlights with half the screen covered by adverts' as BT usually do.

______________________________________________________________________________________Go_girl!__________________
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sat 09-Nov-13 12:44:46
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Charging my aunt £1.75 for privacy and caller display on her BT Basic account to help finance live football coverage certainly wont please her!
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sat 09-Nov-13 12:51:08
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Perhaps the football players should take a pay cut as well as all the other associated fat cats involved, that's all football is about these days,Money
As it's no doubt them who dictate the price for the rights to show it on tv ,
Basic telephony charges should not be hiked for this, why should all BT customers be forced to subsidise BT sport ?

Edited by tommy45 (Sat 09-Nov-13 12:54:04)

Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sat 09-Nov-13 13:13:05
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:
Perhaps the football players should take a pay cut as well as all the other associated fat cats involved, that's all football is about these days,Money

Footballers, like film stars, have a talent that attracts certain members of the paying public, if those "audiences" are willing to pay to see such "super stars" at the going rate then that is fair enough...
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to