User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User keithwjones
(member) Sun 08-Dec-13 11:49:30
Print Post

Re: BT Infinity Speed Decrease

[re: PhilipD] [link to this post]

Thanks Phil for explanation.

I'll keep a closer eye on it from now.

Keith
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 08-Dec-13 12:02:06
Print Post

[re: keithwjones] [link to this post]

And your reply has to do with 'wires-only' in what way?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 08-Dec-13 12:33:14
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Does that make a diff?

On ADSL we've seen people go from 0.5megabit to 10megabit by fixing wiring in their home.

Here is an ISP's take on it:
http://revk.www.me.uk/2013/12/wires-only-fttc.html

We've already seen in the BT and Sky forums that ISP supplied all-in-one hardware will prevent customers from being able to replace the router for a better model (e.g. with better in-home features). This is a retrograde step.

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Sold 42/6 - Getting 49/8.5 - Sync 53 / 9.5 Mbps @ 470m approx
14 years of broadband (ntl: cable to BT FTTC) - Router: Asus RT-N66U - Modem: Huawei HG612 speedtest

Edited by jchamier (Sun 08-Dec-13 12:34:36)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sun 08-Dec-13 20:34:35
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

aaisp see it in the real world.

they dont see the issue as local witring issues been unresolved because they know like me those are few and far between but hyped up by openreach to be the main source of problems. yes every now and then someone has a legit wiring issue this gets reported on and suddenly it must be the case everyone has a wiring issue, it gets fixed and they geta jump in speed, but its rare enough that out of all lines I have seen not a single one has a wiring issue affecting speeds. even having a bell wire is uncommon now days.

the real issue as revk states is that if there is a fault present on installation day, instead of been fixed by the install engineer the isp will have to raise a fault and go into the SFI battle to get it fixed and avoid charges.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM

Edited by Chrysalis (Sun 08-Dec-13 20:39:40)

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to