User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User The_Voyager
(committed) Thu 19-Dec-13 10:21:23
Print Post

Re: BT bl**dy useless

[re: GeoffB] [link to this post]

You must have had different people than I did then, most of the time I had difficulty understanding what they were saying, and because my problems were not on their scripts, 9 times out of 10 they ended up having to get a UK support bod to call me back.

Bob WRBRIX
PN Unl.Fibre - Fritz! 7390 ~ Sync 79.99/20 Mb/s Avg 74.54/18.62 Mb/s @ 320m
DialUp to CIX, BT Home Highway to CIX, ADSL to Nildram, SKY & Be*Unlimited, Fibre to BT
Standard User jcym
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-Dec-13 23:27:08
Print Post

[re: The_Voyager] [link to this post]

Agreed, in 12 years at this address BT support, both CS and TS, are the worst I have encountered by far, and that is saying something.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 26-Dec-13 23:46:58
Print Post

[re: jcym] [link to this post]

Why 12 years?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jcym
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 04-Mar-14 05:25:28
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

It's roughly how long I have been at this address. The only ones worse than my recent experience with BT were Bulldog that time they ended up on Watchdog. Ironically, I stated off with BT at this address on their 2 MB unlimited and they were fantastic, both quality of the actual connection and their then CS. I only changed when BT brought in the 30 GB cap. After Bulldog, they are the worst CS/TS I have experienced. How things have changed.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 04-Mar-14 10:39:41
Print Post

[re: jcym] [link to this post]

Sorry, I read it as twelve years at that address with BT smile. Who are you with now?

Edit - Checked profile. Be >> Sky?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 04-Mar-14 10:41:55)

Standard User jcym
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 04-Mar-14 22:12:27
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Started with BT and back then they were the best. Moved to Bulldog, vomit, then F2S, good at first then changed their terms. Went to UKFSN, brilliant but things changed so went to Be for ADSL2+ Annex M, the best, the very best. Then went back to BT for Infinity 2 last year, didn't fancy SKY as I had a terrible time sorting out a problem for a friend with them a few months earlier.

However, apart from Bulldog who were a nightmare, today's' BT is very definitely the worst ISP I have been with. The CS and TS while extremely poiite are out and out useless jobsworths. I don't think they have done a single thing right since I signed on with them, from the failure of their system to put through my online I2 order after taking my line back to it taking literally months and numerous cals and repeatedly being lied to before I finally getting my £100 Sainsbury card.

The last contact I had with them was over a drop of 20 Mbps in my download speed. This had happened twice before a few months apart when BT had had problems with their systems due to the extreme weather and the like but each time it had been reset after a few days after telling them there was a problem back up to full speed. The third time it happened I got a right little jobsworth who basically told me to screw myself, though it was said very politely.

Obviously I won't be staying when my contract ends or buy myself out as soon as I can afford it. So far I know a dozen people who have avoided BT Infinity on my recommendation. Ironically, they have either gone to SKY Infinity and couldn't be happier or have gone to Plusnet and are also happy frown smile

Edited by jcym (Tue 04-Mar-14 22:15:34)

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to