User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Thu 13-Mar-14 08:39:25
Print Post

Re: Greedy BT Misrepresented!

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

If she is certain that she hasn't used ring-back then she should complain to BT (ringing BT from a BT landline is free) and she can point to their own published charges to show she should not have been charged for making the initial calls. Perhaps it is a BT billing error that others are not seeing?
Standard User vimto_girl
(member) Thu 13-Mar-14 11:36:44
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Maybe she is just scared of him.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 13-Mar-14 12:52:07
Print Post

Well if you are fool enough to call 1471/1571 for free and then do a Call Return from them that they offer you and warn you of the charge, instead of ringing off and dialing the # yourself, you've only got yourself to blame. It was your choice to spend the 20ps.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Thu 13-Mar-14 12:54:53
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

It wasn't prof that called them and the person that did appears to either be unaware or to have been mis-charged for the calls.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 13-Mar-14 13:13:11
Print Post

Quote from 1471: 'Telephone # xxxxxxxxxx called on the 27 Feb @ 18:27 hours. To return the call press 3. There is normally a charge for the service.'

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 13-Mar-14 13:17:20
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Yes, but it is the Prof that is misleading the person that made the Call Returns.

Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Thu 13-Mar-14 13:27:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Yes, but it is the Prof that is misleading the person that made the Call Returns.

There is still a possibility that BT have just cocked up the billing for the individual in question. Personally I think it more likely that they didn't understand the billing or the warnings on the call - we have virtually no information on the person who has the bill.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 13-Mar-14 15:10:58
Print Post

I don't thnk he is misleading her. I think she misunderstands the terminology used and has as a result given the wrong answer to his question. As I described earlier.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User professor973
(experienced) Thu 13-Mar-14 16:55:15
Print Post

Wake up man! It's not my a/c we are talking about, so I did NO dialing

Zen Home Talk Plus - Freeola Family Broadband.
http://speedtest.net/result/2690543838.png
Standard User professor973
(experienced) Thu 13-Mar-14 17:01:21
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

I have stated previously, that she is disabled and partially sighted. She is also dyslexic which does not help, though she insists she does not use call return because of the cost. Also, she was not even aware of recent new charges and increases till she got a higher bill. Says she was never informed and has paperless billing. I know I used to get a booklet with BT bills advising of the latest cash grab. I should mention that BT did offer to repay these charges, an offer they withdrew when she wanted to move. Now they are sitting on banding for ten days just to be [censored] minded.

Zen Home Talk Plus - Freeola Family Broadband.
http://speedtest.net/result/2690543838.png
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to