User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User TheEulerID
(newbie) Thu 13-Mar-14 23:32:24
Print Post

Re: Greedy BT Misrepresented!

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Look, it's quite simple. If the account holder is being charged for access to 1471 or 1571, other than using the call-back service (which is 19.7p), then there's a billing error. It has to be taken up with BT Retail.

There is no per-access charge for either 1471 or 1571 (just the monthly rental for the latter). It's in BT's tariff guide. I've never been charged for either. Note that in the document below, 1471 usage is explicitly listed as "free" and only callback prices are listed for either number.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/asset...

So, it's either a misunderstanding or it's a billing error. If the latter, take it up with BT Retail.

Edited by TheEulerID (Thu 13-Mar-14 23:33:33)

Standard User professor973
(experienced) Fri 14-Mar-14 01:10:22
Print Post

[re: TheEulerID] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TheEulerID:
Look, it's quite simple. If the account holder is being charged for access to 1471 or 1571, other than using the call-back service (which is 19.7p), then there's a billing error. It has to be taken up with BT Retail.

There is no per-access charge for either 1471 or 1571 (just the monthly rental for the latter). It's in BT's tariff guide. I've never been charged for either. Note that in the document below, 1471 usage is explicitly listed as "free" and only callback prices are listed for either number.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/asset...

So, it's either a misunderstanding or it's a billing error. If the latter, take it up with BT Retail.

A look above will show IT WAS taken up with BT AND they agreed to repay the charges. An offer that was withdrawn when the customer said they had had enough of BT and were moving. WHY does nobody read the thread before repeating what has gone before.

Zen Home Talk Plus - Freeola Family Broadband.
http://speedtest.net/result/2690543838.png
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 14-Mar-14 01:47:15
Print Post

Firms often make 'goodwill' gestures to placate good customers, but are just as likely to withdraw them when the cust says they are leaving anyway (& whatever else was said), as it was offered for the good will after all smile.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Moderator Sadoldman
(moderator) Fri 14-Mar-14 06:29:00
Print Post

In reply to a post by professor973:
LOOK BACK and you will see I was accused of lying about having a bill in my hand detailing charges - I agree ... Sad.

No....you look back and and link to where you are called a liar, pm me. Don't look back to where members are saying you are wrong about your interpretation of the charges...there are too many of them, and that is not calling you a liar. Of course 1471 and 1571 charges are shown...when it is used to make a connection, you have had that explained too many times

I note with interest you now pay no attention to the points in explanation of these charges. Most contributors have made it clear what those charges are....you refuse to except that and you have that right ...but not now to cause further aggravation to members whose opinions do not agree with your world view.

This thread cannot throw more light on the subject I fear, agree to disagree, truth will out.

Thread closed.

Sadoldman

Just a tad sad..a wee bit old...wink

[email protected]
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to