User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 06-Apr-14 16:01:16
Print Post

Re: Infinity phone disconnecting advice

[re: imbsuk] [link to this post]

Upload looks slow, so DLM may have pulled back speeds to make things stable and thus solve the issue that may still be there.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User imbsuk
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 06-Apr-14 17:08:47
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

With internal wiring or somewhere else? Any other ideas or diagnostic tools I can use? Worth opening a ticket? Or would they deem that speed within an acceptable range? I wouldn't know where to start.

____
be*
be* <-- on test socket!
Standard User TheEulerID
(newbie) Sun 06-Apr-14 17:38:02
Print Post

[re: imbsuk] [link to this post]

Internal wiring is much less of an issue with the upstream link as that's the point of maximum power so any noise is pretty negligible (and will attenuate with the signal). It's precisely the opposite with the downstream side, as any introduced noise is where the signal is at its weakest. However, I suspect there isn't much to be done (I'm assuming that you haven't extended the unfiltered signal to put the router in a more convenient place).

I'd say that your attenuation is on the high side (which I think will correspond with 900-1,000m line length), and if that's so, then there might not be much to be done - well, until/if vectoring is introduced.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Sun 06-Apr-14 17:59:02
Print Post

[re: TheEulerID] [link to this post]

Surely with VDSL the signal is different to ADSL, what you say is correct for ADSL but not so for VDSL. The tones are not just separated in to up and downstream in just two ranges, but rather in chunks across the full spectrum available. This is why upstream slows down too with VDSL rather than staying unaffected as it does with ADSL.

Edited by Zarjaz (Sun 06-Apr-14 19:29:07)

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to