User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User cornishweb
(regular) Sun 04-May-14 15:07:21
Print Post

Re: FTTP

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by pcoventry76:
Just wdonering if this was an error.

My line checker says.

http://prntscr.com/3fs4kr

My exchange is one of the 2014 ones. But when I do a check for ultrafast infinity I only get normal FTTC options.

So is this still in the loop to be done?

Also is there a path to upgrade from FTTC to FTTP or is it seoerate?

I'm asking as I could use this for business (video intensive - working from home) and I am in a connected cities voucher area. Also I know it's £100 a month for FTTP now but I'm not bothered about that)

Thanks

Hi i have just upgraded to FTTP at home but it never cost £100 only £20 a month
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 04-May-14 15:14:14
Print Post

[re: cornishweb] [link to this post]

This is the difference between FTTP on Demand and native FTTP

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Sun 04-May-14 15:40:42
Print Post

Thanks for letting me know. I am confused as to which price would apply to me. I guess I can order it and find out.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User cornishweb
(regular) Sun 04-May-14 15:43:54
Print Post

I have not gone with the fastest only Unlimited BT Infinity 2 which is plenty for me.
Standard User Rastus
(committed) Sun 04-May-14 15:53:36
Print Post

In your opening post you gave a link to a screenshot showing FTTPoD was available to you. cornishweb has native FTTP.

I replied to your OP briefly stating some facts about FTTP / FTTPoD.

To which you answered; "Again I know this."

If you're not confused, then I certainly am!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 04-May-14 16:26:11
Print Post

This option is NOT available to pcoventry, you had the GEA-FTTP (native FTTP) option, he has the choice of FTTC or FTTP on Demand.

To opt for FTTP on Demand you have to pay more and only the 330 Mbps option is available

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 04-May-14 16:28:33
Print Post

Its easy you will be paying the higher price, i.e. the £99+VAT plus what ever markup the retailer wants to add so likely to be close to £200. Then of course the install costs.

People who have FTTP available as their only fast option, i.e. FTTC does not appear on the checker get the cheaper version that is the same price as GEA-FTTC. Around 100,000 premises have this as their superfast connection, but a good few million have the option of Fibre on Demand as well as FTTC.

Standard User indigobanana
(regular) Sun 04-May-14 16:37:24
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

If a handful of customers on a certain cabinet choose FTTPoD will Standard FTTP become available to other customers in these areas? (i.e. a subsidised FTTP rollout). It's something I've been pondering

With PlusNet on 20CN ADSL Max, I live in hope...

Fibre in Cumbria Exchange & Cab Map
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 04-May-14 17:01:58
Print Post

[re: indigobanana] [link to this post]

Not at this time, maybe in ten years time...

A cabinet serves many postcodes e.g. a 200 line cabinet would need around 8 splitters and 20 manifolds installed to serve every one with FTTP, even if people were clustered ideally.

A cluster of eight premises might be able to negotiate some discount if they all order FTTP on Demand at the same time and from the same retailer and negotiate with Openreach

Standard User cornishweb
(regular) Sun 04-May-14 17:16:12
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
This option is NOT available to pcoventry, you had the GEA-FTTP (native FTTP) option, he has the choice of FTTC or FTTP on Demand.

To opt for FTTP on Demand you have to pay more and only the 330 Mbps option is available

Bit lost with all this, i know i can upgrade to the 330 package but its £50 a month
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to