User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 19-May-14 22:32:40
Print Post

Re: BT in trouble, hiring more staff

[re: somerset] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by somerset:
Please explain. They have DSLAMs in many exchanges, yes, all these would be redundant with FTTC or FTTP. But if they were forced to go FTTx they would not be used straight away.

Most operators with multiple DSLAMs will have multiple gigE switches or 10gigE behind the DSLAMs, so relatively easy to connect to a GEA cablelink from openreach feeding FTTP/FTTC users.

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Sold 42/6, Now 52/9, Sync @ 55 / 9.5 Mbps @ 470m approx
19/5/2014 - just ordered PlusNet Unlimited Fibre - awaiting activation date
15 years broadband (1999 ntl:cablemodem trialist) - Router: Asus RT-AC68U (merlin) - Modem: HG612 unlocked Typical BT speedtest
Standard User fredfox
(experienced) Mon 19-May-14 22:55:18
Print Post

[re: somerset] [link to this post]

Latest consultation documents between the local parish council and BT. The document lists the cabs that are in scope and the cabs that aren't, mine isn't in scope for this round, so proposed date is 2017 - assuming there's funding in 2017 smile

Pipex
Nildram
UKFSN
Now -> Be *

Edited by fredfox (Mon 19-May-14 22:56:59)

Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Tue 20-May-14 11:45:25
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Agreed.

I still can;'t find anyone who wants to sell me a FTTP line. The cost would be covered by business anyway but still no one wants the business it seems. My connection voucher has a 12 month validity.

It's very very odd but my hope is that in the future this will change and I can get one put in.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(knowledge is power) Tue 20-May-14 11:47:26
Print Post

[re: brandscill] [link to this post]

Which is totally crazy!
(knowledge is power) Tue 20-May-14 11:48:27
Print Post

[re: fredfox] [link to this post]

My old cab was on the " not a chance" list. I even had the BT head of the rollout tell me it's not going to happen

So I moved and can get FTTC. I now find out that my old cab is going to be enabled in August haha

Never mind.
(knowledge is power) Tue 20-May-14 11:50:17
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Someone said to me once if you get AM slot you will get OR and PM slot will be Kelly/Quinn.

I couldn't get a AM slot with BT they went while I was ordering. I have an AM with PN I think - in either case recent reports are that both do a good job.

I would have had it by now but I cancelled BT in favour of Plusnet.. I just hope the guy turns up in the meantime.

I also wish that they could connect the line ASAP if one is here I know I paid £49 to have the line connected and I could use a dialup or something else if I had one. Mobile BB is here though luckily
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Tue 20-May-14 12:26:58
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

Best of luck with the AM slot - will you be needing a CAT5 extension for the modem also?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 20-May-14 12:33:05
Print Post

Urm how have you got a connection voucher but no one willing to sell it to you?

To get the superconnected city vouchers you have to present a quote from a firm to supply a connection?

Or is this some other voucher scheme.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 20-May-14 12:34:46
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Could always pay for an expedited install if the strain of waiting is too much. Alas you have to order that up front, and cannot retrospectively add it.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Rastus
(committed) Tue 20-May-14 12:36:17
Print Post

In reply to a post by pcoventry76:
I still can;'t find anyone who wants to sell me a FTTP line. ...

Probably because you're not in a FTTP area. Remember this thread which you started which explained the difference to you between native FTTP and FTTPoD which is what you have available to you as you are in a FTTC area.

I can't see why BT won't sell you FTTPoD if your pockets are deep enough as you appear to claim.

Edited by Rastus (Tue 20-May-14 12:37:30)

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to