User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Tue 20-May-14 13:23:47
Print Post

Re: BT in trouble, hiring more staff

[re: Rastus] [link to this post]

I don't have deep pockets at all. I do however have a connected cities voucher worth up to £5000 for any install and I im happy to spend the £200 or whatever a month. This would help my tax purpose a great deal if I can get it.

The links on the CC website give the names of companys like virgin and BT but that's all for leased lines. All I want is 330/30 which although my exchange says is available I can't get you say

So that's fair enough, I'll stick with FTTC. Maybe a few line bonded to get that speed.
(knowledge is power) Tue 20-May-14 13:26:03
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I'm in an eligible area

I put in 2 quotes to Virgin and also to Zen but these were all for leased lines which I don't want.

No this is the same one.

All I wanted was the 330/30 but it seems I can't have it so as I said above maybe bonding some FTTC lines or something. (but this won't be covered by the voucher I don't think)

I am hoping when I get FTTC I will be able to upload about 700MB or videos per day onto the company site. But if I need more maybe I can get another line in or something.
(knowledge is power) Tue 20-May-14 13:27:30
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

I don't think so. I did choose the extension kit just incase but my phone line is around a foot from my PC and I have a table ready for the phone and modem to go on. Which will be right next to the HG612 or whatever it is.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(knowledge is power) Tue 20-May-14 13:28:37
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Could always pay for an expedited install if the strain of waiting is too much. Alas you have to order that up front, and cannot retrospectively add it.

Which would have been awesome had anyone offered it. I never knew that was an option I would have happily took it.

Maybe it should be an option on a website when you order.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 20-May-14 13:28:54
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

The website says
All you have to do is send us one quote from a registered supplier and complete a simple application form.
So you should have got a quote for FTTPoD before being granted a voucher.

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 20-May-14 13:33:01
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

But FTTPoD is still only available at a limited number of exchange and I don't know if pcoventry's is one of those. I know it is not available on my exchange yet.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 20-May-14 13:34:08
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

It is

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 20-May-14 13:39:31
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

So as you say at least BT retail/business ought to be able to quote for FTTPoD at the very least.
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Tue 20-May-14 13:53:12
Print Post

In reply to a post by pcoventry76:
I don't think so. I did choose the extension kit just incase but my phone line is around a foot from my PC and I have a table ready for the phone and modem to go on. Which will be right next to the HG612 or whatever it is.

That's good so if you do happen to get a contractor they wont be messing with your internal wiring. If they do fit an interstitial plate and NTE5 faceplate be sure to keep the old filtered faceplate if you had one...or keep the interstitial plate if they use an existing filtered faceplate plus the extension kit since it was part of your order.
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Tue 20-May-14 13:54:46
Print Post

You would have to find someone who wanted to provide you the service and had quoted you on it, having done the necessary checks on install charges. Receiving a quote from a supplier, of which there are many serving Newport, is a prerequisite.

Obviously these guys would have their own standards also, it costs them money to quote and credit checks, etc, would be required for a long contract as I'm sure you could imagine being a businessman.

FYI The limit on the scheme is £3000. Odds of getting 330/30 business grade for £200 a month are slim. At that price bracket it's generally using FTTPoD as a leased-line replacement at 30Mb/s symmetrical or similar. Demonstrating that 330Mb over 80Mb/20Mb is a legitimate business expense problematic too. I have 2 lines here but only one that gets expensed for obvious reasons.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to