User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Aug-14 00:06:18
Print Post

Re: BT Broadband good or bad?

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by PaulKirby:
there was an ADSL2 + port on our line 2 days ago (i.e. last time I checked) where as our line was cleared of any broadband about 7am on the 1st of August
Let me get this clear:
  • On 1 Aug you had NO Sync AND NO Internet access?
  • On 4 Aug you had Sync BUT NO Internet access?
  • On 6 Aug you had Sync AND Internet access?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User PaulKirby
(learned) Thu 07-Aug-14 00:29:00
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
there was an ADSL2 + port on our line 2 days ago (i.e. last time I checked) where as our line was cleared of any broadband about 7am on the 1st of August
Let me get this clear:
  • On 1 Aug you had NO Sync AND NO Internet access?
  • On 4 Aug you had Sync BUT NO Internet access?
  • On 6 Aug you had Sync AND Internet access?

Yes, on the 1st at 6am when I did a check on our line I was told the following "Your BT ADSL code is: GEGEGEZ" meaning no BB or any issues on the line, so I tried our router and nothing, which was why we phoned BT to resolve our issue with our order that has been on going for 3 weeks to find our order was cancelled by BT, so we made a fresh order also confirming what it was to be used for etc and after 10 to 15 mins managed to get the same deal as we had with our first original order.

And on the 2nd and 4th when I checked it synced up as ADSL2 + but with no internet I.e. no WAN IP.
And today the 6th we have it both syncing up as ADSL Max and being given a WAN IP and internet access.
Also the line checker now says "Your BT ADSL code is: GEGEGEC"
Z = No compatibility issues found.
C = Compatibility issue found. This could be several things eg. existing ADSL connection, pending ADSL order on line, ISDN, DACS, TPON, LLU, some
alarm systems.
Standard User JoeEyesDown
(newbie) Thu 07-Aug-14 16:40:55
Print Post

Re: BT Broadband good or bad? *DELETED*

Post deleted by MrSaffron

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 07-Aug-14 17:08:50
Print Post

Re: BT Broadband good or bad? *DELETED*

[re: JoeEyesDown] [link to this post]

History shows 'they have been fantastic' type posts with link are spam, so post is gone.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User PaulKirby
(regular) Thu 07-Aug-14 18:02:22
Print Post

Ok, sort a long post, so here goes.

I haven't long got off the phone with BT which took two calls to get my answers confirmed.
First call I asked why I was put on ADSL Max where our exchange supports ADSL2 +, I was told that my line wasn't activated yet, and that I wouldn't know what I was on until then, so I would have to wait until its activated (i.e. tomorrow some time up to midnight) where I told them it has already been activated since yesterday and that I am using it now to access the BT site, and that tomorrow would be too late and that I need to know now so if it's no good for we wanted it for, which we was told it would be ok for, that we would cancel the order and go with another provider.
And I told her that if we waited till tomorrow it would be too late to cancel and that we would be stuck with it for the 12 months which she replies "that's correct", it started to seem that I wasn't getting no where so I asked to be put through to somebody local with technical knowledge that would be able to answer my questions, due to she was I think the sales department, so she gave me a number to call which I did.

Second Call, I managed to get through to a lovely lady who was very polite, so I explained the ins and outs about the line on the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 6th etc and asked why we was put on ADSL Max where the exchange supports ADSL2 +, where she also said that we would have to wait until tomorrow for it to be activated, so I told her it is activated and has been since yesterday, where I was told to hold on while she checks the line, where she also confirmed that we had been put on the 8MbIt ADSL Max and that it was in fact active and that she wasn't too sure why we was put on that due to we should of been put on the ADSL2 +, and that she tried to change us over to the 8Mbit interface to the 24Mbit interface but it wouldn't let her change anything due to it has us as still on going and that it will have to wait until tomorrow when the contract starts, after a few more checks and me also explain what the line was ordered to be used for she also agreed with me where I was put on hold while she spoke to somebody that knew more about the interface cards/ports in the exchange.

She came back and explained what has happened and why it has happened, which was because of no free ADSL2 + interface cards/ports free/available for me to be put on, and couldn't bee 100% sure what happened on the 1st maybe the interface card was turned off ready to be removed hence no syncing at all, and on the 2nd and 4th it must of been turned on to test the interface before it was removed which was probably why I saw ADSL2 + settings, and so not to be refused BB with them I was put on ADSL Max for the time being until a newer port ADSL2 + becomes available which is around 19th of September and that she guaranteed that we would be auto-transferred to one once one is available, sadly she could say when that would be due to first come first serve which I understand and am happy with, also this transfer will be free of charge and no change to our contract.

And was apologised to a couple of times throughout this call and told thank you for giving them a chance and hope provide us with a good service and if we have any issues with the broadband to call them.

I did say she was a nice lady didn't I smile

So now I know why and that its not permanent, well it depends on how many ADSL2 + ports are released or delivered to our exchange due to they started to continue rolling out FTTP there due to I just checked, so we will have to hold off my YouTube uploads and Online Gaming to the cloud stuff until around the 19th of September, so not all bad, if all goes well I may even have Fibre by then anyhow, if my sources are correct tongue.

Edited by PaulKirby (Thu 07-Aug-14 18:09:34)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Aug-14 19:47:16
Print Post

What date exactly was it that you ordered BT BB and it was accepted? I know you had an abortive attempt on 15 July, but it is not clear when you made this proper order.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User PaulKirby
(regular) Thu 07-Aug-14 21:16:29
Print Post

What date exactly was it that you ordered BT BB and it was accepted? I know you had an abortive attempt on 15 July, but it is not clear when you made this proper order.
Well like you said the order that was made on the 15th of July was put on hold due to it requiring a MAC code, even though it was a new install, and on the 1st of August 6am to 7am we saw there was no BB on the line, and when we checked online we saw the order had been removed, so we waited until 8am and phoned to see what had happened where we was told it was cancelled and wasn't told why, anyhow we then made a fresh new order then and this went through fine.

So you could say the BT Broadband Unlimited order that was accepted was on the 1st of August at about 8am and at 8:51 we got the "Thanks for your BT Order: here's the detail" email.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Aug-14 21:34:58
Print Post

on the 1st of August ... at 8:51 we got the 'Thanks for your BT Order: here's the detail' email.
That is the actual acceptance. You have 14 calendar days from the following day to cancel, not as you said:
And I told her that if we waited till tomorrow it would be too late to cancel and that we would be stuck with it for the 12 months

Standard User PaulKirby
(regular) Thu 07-Aug-14 22:14:14
Print Post

on the 1st of August ... at 8:51 we got the 'Thanks for your BT Order: here's the detail' email.
That is the actual acceptance. You have 14 calendar days from the following day to cancel, not as you said:
And I told her that if we waited till tomorrow it would be too late to cancel and that we would be stuck with it for the 12 months

Yeah I just noticed that in the email, don't know how I missed that.
A note about cancelling

From the day after you order your service, you've got 14 days to cancel without being charged for ending your contract early. But you'll still have to pay for what you use during that time. You can read about the extra early cancellation rights we give you in the BT Multi Play Services Agreement (MPSA) at bt.com/legalstuff

So we would have a week to test it out, so not all bad, it was where I read on BT's site some place that you get no cooling off period due to its a service and not an item, or something like that.

But that is good to know, thanks.
Standard User wolvesmad
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 08-Aug-14 10:13:47
Print Post

They've been excellent for me.

Had standard ADSL for about 10 months, which always ran at line speed.

Ordered FTTC when it became available and the BT ordering system played up. Rang India who couldn't help.

In the end I registered with the official BT forum who were excellent. They resolved the ordering issue and called on the day of install to check everything was OK.

I maxed the line out at 76Mb for a good 3/4 months but a mass take up of FTTC has seen cross talk kick in and I'm running at 65Mb now. I get that all the time, flat out.

Latency is excellent. 10ms ping to BBC.

Best ISP I have been with considering it's only £26 a month and I do hammer it.

-

BT BroadbandInfinity 2
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to