User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User logicblock
(member) Mon 15-Sep-14 12:53:43
Print Post

Re: Torrents Slow Today

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

try https://www.tunnelbear.com/ and select a US proxy - used it this morning to get a torrent link
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 16-Sep-14 00:20:04
Print Post

[re: logicblock] [link to this post]

Its a good program and i got it working but its not going to last a day,i started with a free 500 mb of data and I'm under 100 this evening and i have hardly used the service,then its a paid service .
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 16-Sep-14 00:20:59
Print Post

[re: logicblock] [link to this post]

why a Us one,i set it to Uk and it worked fine wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User JonDav
(member) Sun 21-Sep-14 20:18:59
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
Its a good program and i got it working but its not going to last a day,i started with a free 500 mb of data and I'm under 100 this evening and i have hardly used the service,then its a paid service .
You can get an additional 1GB per month free if you tweet about them on Twitter. Then if you want over that free 1.5GB monthly, it is either $4.99 a month, or $4.17 a month if you sign up for a year (i.e. total cost $49.99 a year).

Personally I use Private Internet Access, as that only works out at $3.33 a month (that is about £2 in proper money) on their yearly plan (i.e. total cost $39.95 a year), plus with PIA I can connect 5 devices simultaneously, whereas TunnelBear only allows you to connect 3 devices simultaneously I think (maybe a TunnelBear user can confirm it is just 3 devices simultaneously?) .

Private Internet Access gives you about 10 different countries to connect through and about 18 gateways in total (e.g. there are 7 gateways in the US etc.).

Edited by JonDav (Sun 21-Sep-14 20:24:09)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 22-Sep-14 01:05:25
Print Post

[re: JonDav] [link to this post]

Proxy sites seem to be working fine now so no need,i did tweet and get a extra Gig Though wink
Standard User JonDav
(member) Thu 16-Oct-14 19:05:22
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
Proxy sites seem to be working fine now so no need,i did tweet and get a extra Gig Though wink
I forgot about this topic, but I see you are still an active user here.

Word of warning about using proxy sites if you use them to do things you shouldn't be doing: Proxy sites may/will be logging your IP address as Cody Kretsinger discovered to his cost.

Obviously nobody should be doing anything on the net using proxies that they shouldn't be doing, so Cody got his just desserts eh? wink

Also some VPNs log IP addresses as well, but thankfully some don't.

Edited by JonDav (Thu 16-Oct-14 19:07:11)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to