User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Sun 23-Nov-14 23:46:04
Print Post

Re: What Are They Like?.

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Ok, when i asked them they said i would need to cancel my broadband first, glad i asked on here, i will get my MAC requested and get the order in.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 24-Nov-14 00:01:59
Print Post

[re: tomxlisa] [link to this post]

Whoever told you that was wrong. It is a BT Wholesale to BT Wholesale migration. smile

The change of product type is irrelevant.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.4/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Mon 24-Nov-14 00:05:29
Print Post

Awesome, i just hope i can get infinity installed before xmas, i read somewhere that you have to migrate your phone back to BT first before you can order infinity, then when your phone is back with BT you then have to order broadband with them, so about 6 weeks in total if this is true. frown

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Mon 24-Nov-14 00:22:31
Print Post

Well my area is currently HFC, FTTC & FTTPoD so no GEA-FTTP yet, and doubt it will have for a while.

Not sure how FTTC performs here yet as having it installed required part of drive digging up to bury a new drop from BT Ground Chamber out front.

Still awaiting some results from Virgin Media as there has been a bad utilization issue now for the past 7- 8 months and has now had the date delayed until February 2015.

@networkmclaren - Perfection Junkie
I'm here to learn and help others using my experiences, not to argue with obnoxious people.
VirginMedia Over-Utilized! Fix Delayed Until 18th February 2015
Changed IP and uBR Updated ST and BQM Links Coming Soon.
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Mon 24-Nov-14 00:26:39
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

I was surprised when i find out i could get FTTP as i don't exactly live in the centre of London or anything, just a town which isn't the biggest, i still doubt i can get it until it is actually installed, as it seems like it is a rare technology to be able to get so why my town has it still confuses me, it does seem that not all areas in my town can get it though, i have checked lots of postcodes and all of them say no to FTTP, only mine says yes i have found so fair, might have something to do with me being close to the exchange. smile

Edited by tomxlisa (Mon 24-Nov-14 00:28:45)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 24-Nov-14 00:33:37
Print Post

Center of London is where it is not.

Around 600 areas of the UK with it as an the superfast option now, largest concentration is Cornwall, but cropping up in more and more BDUK project areas, and some of the old commercial plan areas are still going live.

Around 160,000 premises covered, I know of 135,000 so the rest are likely business premises

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 24-Nov-14 00:35:06
Print Post

They should handle that side for you, and you will get a letter from the old phone provider saying they have been notified that you want to move and give you 10 days to object (i.e. stops random people slamming your line).

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 24-Nov-14 00:36:09
Print Post

Get MAC from PlusNet and sign up online

Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Mon 24-Nov-14 00:36:37
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

It is strange though as i have just checked a postcode next to my road and it says they cant get infinity at all, checked another one which isn't far away and they can get infinity but only the infinity 2 option, checked my postcode and it says i can get the fastest speed available.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 24-Nov-14 01:03:18
Print Post

Hang on!

You must check using your Plusnet(?) phone number, not your postcode.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.4/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to