User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Mon 24-Nov-14 01:05:18
Print Post

Re: What Are They Like?.

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Plusnet only offer FTTC so for them it says i cant get fibre, i am checking the postcode on the BT website.
http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broad...
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 24-Nov-14 01:09:45
Print Post

[re: tomxlisa] [link to this post]

You must not use your postcode!!!

You must use your phone number!

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.4/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Mon 24-Nov-14 01:56:26
Print Post

I have used my postcode and phone number they both say i can get FTTP, i was just saying that there are some postcodes near me that say they cant get FTTP, it seems my road is the only road that can get it, which is strange.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 24-Nov-14 09:17:18
Print Post

Perfectly normal, they don't do a whole village/town but a cluster. So it can just be a cul de sac of 40 homes

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Mon 24-Nov-14 16:22:09
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Lucky me then, shame i am moving at some point, might have to put that on hold. laugh
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 24-Nov-14 20:07:42
Print Post

Awesome, i just hope i can get infinity installed before xmas,

'Native' FTTP as you will be getting takes a while to get the infrastructure put in, but is well worth the wait .... once in, it all just works, is future proof, and should add a little value to the property also.

Where are you in the country ?

Standard User brightd
(experienced) Tue 25-Nov-14 09:03:45
Print Post

When I ordered Infinity 2 on FTTP there was no option during the order process to add a MAC. I ordered in May and my latest go live date is 17th December. My current PlusNet ADSL is obviously still live and I assume that one the FTTP is live the ADSL will still work in parallel although I m not sure about that. Should I have requested a MAC from PlusNet to avoid the ADSL cancellation charge? I wonder whether it is still possible to do that? However, I cannot afford the ADSL being terminated before the FTTP is working as I work from home.

David

plusnet Unlimited customer
DrayTek Vigor 2830n
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 25-Nov-14 11:10:53
Print Post

[re: brightd] [link to this post]

I begin to suspect that BT Retail don't bother with MACs. Perhaps if there is a charge they just absorb it.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.4/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

Standard User brightd
(experienced) Tue 25-Nov-14 13:15:27
Print Post

But it will be PlusNet who charge me if I cancel my ADSL after 11 years.

David

plusnet Unlimited customer
DrayTek Vigor 2830n
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 25-Nov-14 14:41:55
Print Post

[re: brightd] [link to this post]

That's true. Brain fade here.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to