User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | [12] | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Wed 26-Nov-14 04:41:05
Print Post

Re: What Are They Like?.

[re: brightd] [link to this post]

Why has it took BT so long to install your FTTP, that is a 7 month wait and counting, would this be the same for me if i was to order it, if so i don't think i will bother.

Edited by tomxlisa (Wed 26-Nov-14 04:41:47)

Standard User brightd
(experienced) Wed 26-Nov-14 07:41:42
Print Post

[re: tomxlisa] [link to this post]

BT installed a manifold in a new pavement chamber opposite my house and declared that FTTP was available in March and so I ordered through PlusNet. They told me that there was £4100 of excess construction charges which they would have to pass £3100 on to me. After a couple of attempts to get this waived I gave up and moved on to BT. They accepted the order but to date have not completed the work so that FTTP can be installed. The problem is that our copper is buried in the ground in armoured cable and we have no ducting. BT need to overlay the armoured copper with ducting hence the cost. In my case they also have to cross the road which is a minor issue even though it is a cul-de-sac. A number of people who are served by a pole and 2 people with simpler duct overlays have already been deployed so I do think that my case is extreme.

David

plusnet Unlimited customer
DrayTek Vigor 2830n
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Thu 27-Nov-14 02:01:17
Print Post

Hopefully this wont be the same case for me, i am guessing like you have said this case is very extreme and doesn't normally happen, you say you ordered FTTP with Plusnet though, i thought they didn't do FTTP as i have to migrate over to BT now to get FTTP, we are moving next year though and this will likely be to a FTTC area and not FTTP, so i am thinking now if i should just stop with Plusnet and wait until we move to get FTTC, otherwise i will be changing to BT just for about 6 months, and then be moved to a FTTC product which i could of got with Plusnet, and i'd rather stay with Plusnet as i have heard BT have rubbish customer support and Plusnet is excellent, with with BT using FTTP i would be paying £25 or so more a month and its not like the internet i have now is slow, i get 20Mb where i am on standard ADSL. smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User brightd
(experienced) Thu 27-Nov-14 08:09:53
Print Post

PlusNet had an FTTP trial for existing customers back in March. They closed the trial a while back but have now re-opened it. So you could stay with PlusNet and migrate to FTTP until you move.

My problem was the excess construction charges which PlusNet would not swallow, but BT Retail will. Not sure if that is anti-competetive and seems a little strange seeing as PlusNet and BT Retail are both BT owned ISPs but I appear to have to live with it to save 3 grand.

David

DrayTek Vigor 2830n
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Fri 28-Nov-14 05:24:08
Print Post

I spoke to Plusnet the other day and they said they could not offer me FTTP but you say the trial has opened up again, does this mean i can stay with Plusnet now and get FTTP, from what i can see from a google search the trial still appears to be closed, also how long would it take for me to get FTTP installed in my home from the point of ordering then, what is the typical time it takes?.

Edited by tomxlisa (Fri 28-Nov-14 05:30:31)

Standard User brightd
(experienced) Fri 28-Nov-14 08:31:18
Print Post

The details of the trial are available on the portal.

David

DrayTek Vigor 2830n
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Sat 29-Nov-14 02:08:46
Print Post

Is this not to existing fibre customers though and when i go on the forum it says the FTTP trial is over, maybe it will be worth calling them again.
Standard User brightd
(experienced) Sat 29-Nov-14 08:56:58
Print Post

Believe me the trial is re-opened. And as no one has the option of FTTP or FTTC requesting to joint trial can only be for existing ADSL customers.

David

DrayTek Vigor 2830n
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Sat 29-Nov-14 09:30:07
Print Post

I have just read this, so i wish you was right but unless i am being dumb i don't think you are.

Conditions for participation in the FTTP Trial

The FTTP Trial is only open to existing Plusnet Customers who are subscribed to a Plusnet Fibre Broadband product.

Edited by tomxlisa (Sat 29-Nov-14 09:32:47)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 29-Nov-14 09:59:59
Print Post

Which seems to be an impossible task, unless they are only accepting FTTC customers who are moving into a native FTTP area.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | [12] | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to