User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 22-Nov-14 14:40:43
Print Post

Re: What Are They Like?.

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mlmclaren:
That maybe so, but I think the customer might want something a bit more high quality and LEGAL...

Typical fora know-all - There is NOTHING illegal about watching streams. You are downloading nothing and it's the folks UPLOADING their streams that are breaking the law. been covered here many many times. You can subscribe a fortune to every supplier and STILL not have access to the 15 3.00pm UK football matches I can see on one site alone.

Pulse8 Home Line Rental - Pulse8 XL Plus broadband.
http://www.pulse8broadband.co.uk/
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 22-Nov-14 14:41:52
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
It is legal.

Us in agreement !! - Whatever next lol.

Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Sat 22-Nov-14 14:45:25
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

OK, My Bad but still stand by my Quality statement

@networkmclaren - Perfection Junkie
I'm here to learn and help others using my experiences, not to argue with obnoxious people.
VirginMedia Over-Utilized! Fix Delayed Until 18th February 2015
Changed IP and uBR Updated ST and BQM Links Coming Soon.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Sat 22-Nov-14 14:46:50
Print Post

[re: tomxlisa] [link to this post]

Are you planning to watch BT Sport via a Sky Box or Internet?

@networkmclaren - Perfection Junkie
I'm here to learn and help others using my experiences, not to argue with obnoxious people.
VirginMedia Over-Utilized! Fix Delayed Until 18th February 2015
Changed IP and uBR Updated ST and BQM Links Coming Soon.
Standard User Malwaremike
(committed) Sat 22-Nov-14 14:47:39
Print Post

[re: tomxlisa] [link to this post]

I came the other way, moving to Plusnet from BT because of (1) price hikes needed to pay for BT TV ventures which I don't want and (2) deteriorating service with slower speeds and frequent outages culminating in two weeks' downtime in February. BB was returned with 50% upload speed, the Indian operators saying for months that nothing could be done until I complained to the CEO's office and reached higher level.

Plusnet's takeover was a disaster salvaged only by this website and its Plusnet rep patrols. Since then I have encountered half-hour waits for phone support, not to mention the well-published outages caused by (I understand) system faults. If I renew next year it will only be at half-price rates to reflect this 50% service.

Otherwise I am pleased with PN while it works, my BB is 50% faster than it was with BT and the PN forum seems to offer much better support than does BT Community. Despite the foregoing, if I were in your shoes I would definitely stay where I am, there's no contest. As for the sport, I see PN offering a BT Sport package.
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 22-Nov-14 15:17:19
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

Very very watchable for free.

Standard User StephenTodd
(experienced) Sat 22-Nov-14 16:12:13
Print Post

I recently left BT for Plusnet, mainly because of price.
Especially as Plusnet 40/20 just suited me and BT didn't have an equivalent. £100 or so cashback and an introductory offer from Plusnet helped.

I've found Plusnet marginally better, but personally didn't really have any problems with BT (except BT Cloud which is [or was] rubbish).
If I'd been interested in sport I might have stayed with BT.

--
Recently moved from BT Infinity 2 to PlusNet. Very happy so far.
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 22-Nov-14 16:53:23
Print Post

[re: flippery] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by flippery:
Plusnet appear to be the BT arm for LLU competitors.
On Market 1 Plusnet are more expensive than BT.

Yes, but WHY are they so expensive on Market 1? We hear they cannot offer lower prices due to BTW cost, but others can resell line rental for £6. many offer phone and broadband contract free with no call connection fee, per second billing and calls at 1p. Seems it's screwing folks for line rental to offer loss-leading Broadband, with the snare of a long tie-in thrown in free.

Edited by professor973 (Sat 22-Nov-14 16:54:23)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 22-Nov-14 17:45:13
Print Post

Anyone selling line rental for £6 a month including VAT is running it as a loss leader

Retailers offer the options and people make their minds up, called competition

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User flippery
(committed) Sat 22-Nov-14 18:29:51
Print Post

Pulse 8 Line rental is £13 unless broadband is taken, Broadband is not cheap at £19 ( similar to BT and Plusnet ) Priced to obtain both
On market 1 there is little competitition BT is not going to compete against itself with Plusnet
BT only offer 1 pricing for all and could not compete with likes of Sky, TalkTalk on LLU.
BT I have never had a problem with.However, new pricing makes them uneconomic for a low Talk, Broadband and non Sport user.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to