User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 22-Nov-14 19:53:21
Print Post

Re: What Are They Like?.

[re: flippery] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by flippery:
Pulse 8 Line rental is £13 unless broadband is taken, Broadband is not cheap at £19 ( similar to BT and Plusnet ) Priced to obtain both
On market 1 there is little competitition BT is not going to compete against itself with Plusnet
BT only offer 1 pricing for all and could not compete with likes of Sky, TalkTalk on LLU.
BT I have never had a problem with.However, new pricing makes them uneconomic for a low Talk, Broadband and non Sport user.

Yeah, but £19 still cheaper than PN on market 1 and £13 line rental also cheaper than both. But, the £6 line rental if Broadband is taken, making £25 is far far cheaper than both, but I am more concerned with good U.K. customer service and no contracts. Was quite happy paying Zen/Freeola a total of £39.98 until I got [censored] service. A figure that will give change from no contract fibre with Pulse8.

Pulse8 Home Line Rental - Pulse8 XL Plus broadband.
http://www.pulse8broadband.co.uk/
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 22-Nov-14 19:59:44
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Anyone selling line rental for £6 a month including VAT is running it as a loss leader

Retailers offer the options and people make their minds up, called competition

Quite agree, some Increase line rental if Broadband is taken, now I can understand folks pulling that to pieces, but not a £6 discount, but that is folks and forums. Personally, I put no contract first in my order of priorities, then good service followed by bottom line price regardless of how it's made up. Others put price first. Many here seem happy to suffer bad service so long as there is sign up cash back , called choice. Don't need a watch to know it's evening, the Enta dropped packets tell my that again now, so that's one saving.

Edited by professor973 (Sat 22-Nov-14 20:03:37)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 22-Nov-14 20:07:20
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Are you on Pulse 8 yet, or is it next Wednesday?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.4/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(fountain of knowledge) Sat 22-Nov-14 20:26:56
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Are you on Pulse 8 yet, or is it next Wednesday?

Next Wednesday Bob. For me, it's simply finding another decent supplier contract free if I can. Have been paying £19.99 for Freeola Enta Broadband. Thought it good service for well over two years, but Enta now going downhill. have been paying exactly the same again for the Zen line with 5,000 minutes included. Both having given me poor service recently, it's time to move on. saving £10 with Pulse8 is just a bonus - Contract free is the main attraction, even for fibre should I wish to switch in a couple of months when available. Was a little worried about losing my long held number if I want to switch from Business LLU to BT fibre, but assured it not a problem. Apparently have "a button to press" to put it back into the BT pool and immediately reallocate.

Edited by professor973 (Sat 22-Nov-14 20:29:32)

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 22-Nov-14 20:47:07
Print Post

Lol, so you think it may be ok but you don't know. I bet the OP finds that really helpful.

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 22-Nov-14 20:52:38
Print Post

I'm wondering precisely what services Pulse 8 utilise, I must admit. As I said earlier, their finances look fine, so they must be doing something a lot right.

It's unlikely they are a stand-alone BTW ISP, which suggests some tie-in with either Enta or Daisy. I'm sure you will have checked it isn't Enta. Unless it's LLU-based, in which case they are taking a big punt on the no contract side.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.4/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 22-Nov-14 20:55:45
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
I'm wondering precisely what services Pulse 8 utilise, I must admit. As I said earlier, their finances look fine, so they must be doing something a lot right.

It's unlikely they are a stand-alone BTW ISP, which suggests some tie-in with either Enta or Daisy. I'm sure you will have checked it isn't Enta. Unless it's LLU-based, in which case they are taking a big punt on the no contract side.

BTW or TT LLU Business where available. That was my very first question when I sent an enquiry. They are that confident of holding folks with top customer service, they are happy to take the hit if you move from TT LLU or BT fibre.

Edited by professor973 (Sat 22-Nov-14 21:13:51)

(fountain of knowledge) Sat 22-Nov-14 20:57:41
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
Lol, so you think it may be ok but you don't know. I bet the OP finds that really helpful.

Think what may be OK ??

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 22-Nov-14 21:00:24
Print Post

PulseB

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Sat 22-Nov-14 21:01:36
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

When I called BT they did offer me a package which worked out about 3 quid more than I am paying now but I would have the sports included with it, but like some people have said if I got sports from Plusnet it would probably only cost me a few quid more and without the hassle of all the changing over, what I find weird too is on the BT checker it says I can get 300mb speeds on fibre but on all the other checkers on other providers it says I can't even get fibre, plus the steams are ok but the quality is most the time rather poor.

Edited by tomxlisa (Sat 22-Nov-14 21:05:32)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to