User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Sun 23-Nov-14 20:14:51
Print Post

Re: What Are They Like?.

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

I found out yesterday that i can get FTTP from BT so might go down this route as i can get 300Mb broadband if i want it. smile
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Sun 23-Nov-14 20:21:06
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Yep, real true fibre broadband, the only thing i am confused about is where i start, how do i change over to BT FTTP, do i just sign up online or do i have to cancel plusnet first, i don't really want to be without service though.
Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Sun 23-Nov-14 21:59:05
Print Post

[re: tomxlisa] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tomxlisa:
I found out yesterday that i can get FTTP from BT so might go down this route as i can get 300Mb broadband if i want it. smile

That's Great I would agree that BT would be the way to go if they can give you that sort of connection.

Hope it all works out well smile

@networkmclaren - Perfection Junkie
I'm here to learn and help others using my experiences, not to argue with obnoxious people.
VirginMedia Over-Utilized! Fix Delayed Until 18th February 2015
Changed IP and uBR Updated ST and BQM Links Coming Soon.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Sun 23-Nov-14 22:00:30
Print Post

Yeah, i am just confused where i start with moving my connection to them, i will probably go with the infinity 2 option as i don't really need 300Mb speeds. laugh
Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Sun 23-Nov-14 22:37:14
Print Post

Do you mean Infinity 3 (200mb)

Infinity 1 = 40mb
Infinity 2 = 80mb
Infinity 3 = 200mb
Infinity 4 = 300mb

I would go for the 200mb but I'm not to sure of the packages as I don't want to tease myself, If you did mean Infinity 2 76/80mb then that might not be supplied via FTTP and might only be supplied by FTTC (Cabinet not Premises)

Though I'm a bit unsure due not long moving to an area with FTTC (No FTTP) and I haven't looked into it much as I'm still a Virgin customer (for the time being)

I'm here to learn and help others using my experiences, not to argue with obnoxious people.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 23-Nov-14 22:46:24
Print Post

You can get Infinity 1,2,3 or 4 over FTTP.

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Sun 23-Nov-14 22:51:49
Print Post

Yep, that is correct as when i put my details in it lets me order infinity 1,2,3,4, the hard bit is picking which one you want, spoilt for choice, how do i go about ordering as i am with Plusnet right now, do i just order and let BT deal with it, or do i have to cancel first?.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 23-Nov-14 23:23:27
Print Post

You just get a MAC from Plusnet, as normal. Submit it with your order.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.4/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 23-Nov-14 23:24:12)

Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Sun 23-Nov-14 23:30:12
Print Post

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
You can get Infinity 1,2,3 or 4 over FTTP.

Oh OK, well that's good.

I look forward to getting it, Eventually laugh

Thanks for information, Will have to start doing a bit of investigating and reading on the newer infrastructures, though until I actually get a connection on one of them I don't think I will truly understand it 100%

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 23-Nov-14 23:42:08
Print Post

Your cabinet will be not fibre enabled, or will be FTTC enabled, or will be FTTP enabled. You cannot choose between FTTC and FTTP.

Some FTTC cabinet areas allow FTTPoD, which is a hugely more expensive way of getting FTTP. I believe FTTPoD is only available at 330/30Mbps from ISPs but I could be wrong.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.4/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 23-Nov-14 23:44:35)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to