User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 11-Jan-15 14:44:48
Print Post

Re: Upload issues

[re: vimto_girl] [link to this post]

It's not a ratio as has already been explained.

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________
Standard User vimto_girl
(committed) Sun 11-Jan-15 14:55:23
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Um, I know. Read my post again.

The question is, what was Roberto's point at all, if not to claim the *misunderstood* "ratios" were different?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 11-Jan-15 14:59:11
Print Post

In reply to a post by vimto_girl:
Um, I know. Read my post again.
I think you should
In reply to a post by vimto_girl:
a 40:10 ratio and a 38:9.5 ratio.

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User vimto_girl
(committed) Sun 11-Jan-15 15:04:30
Print Post

Because you read someone referring to a ratio, you ignore all else they said, and decide they *therefore themselves believe* it is a ratio?

If you're still confused, maybe ask an adult, they may be able to explain it to you smile
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 11-Jan-15 15:08:01
Print Post

I'm surprised you haven't realised this is a forum, I'm not really just telling you but the OP as well, as your post may confuse them even more than they currently are.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 11-Jan-15 18:51:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
It isn't a ratio.
As many beforehand had said and the OP seems unable to comprehend.

Nor, whatever the underlying Openreach product, was he ever offered or sold a 40/10 connection as he claims. That was my point. Where, as you claimed, is the upstream 10, or even 9.5, mentioned on the BT Retail website please?

Take Plusnet, who offer a 38/19 product. Do you consider people should get an upstream of 50% of the downstream? It happens to be the Openreach 80/20 with Plusnet themselves capping the downstream, but few punters would know that.

You just seem to be taking another of your occasional unwarranted pops at me. Please desist unless you have anything useful to contribute.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 57.1/14.8Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 11-Jan-15 18:52:09)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 11-Jan-15 18:54:59
Print Post

LOL
I hadn't really picked up on that part of her post. I don't remember saying it's a 38:9.5 ratio. Nobody else either. Entirely something she dreamt up smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 57.1/14.8Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Sun 11-Jan-15 19:29:39
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Nor, whatever the underlying Openreach product, was he ever offered or sold a 40/10 connection as he claims. That was my point. Where, as you claimed, is the upstream 10, or even 9.5, mentioned on the BT Retail website please?

It is there!

Go to the packages page at: http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broad...

Choose one of the Fibre 38 or 76 Mb packages and click on Full Details at the bottom left and an additional block appears with a yellow background.

Find the text which says Superfast speeds Up to 9 x faster than the UKs average standard broadband speed and hover over the word SPEED and a blue bubble will appear which quotes either 9.5 or 19 Mb upload speed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 11-Jan-15 20:06:26
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Thanks, though I wish you'd let the flea find it smile.

jcym did suggest it was somewhere around - with digging, but that is rather abstruse.

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Sun 11-Jan-15 20:09:05
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I knew exactly where it was ... was going through an order with someone earlier although they finally went down the Business route and on the business side it is on the front page!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to