User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User NaNook
(freechataholic) Thu 19-Feb-15 13:18:25
Print Post

Re: Sync speed dropping?

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks, that answered a question I was going to ask also smile
Standard User krisk7
(newbie) Thu 19-Feb-15 18:30:14
Print Post

[re: NaNook] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by NaNook:
I think most broadband problems could easily be solved by removing authority from the wife to dictate where cables and boxs go smile

Very true..lmao:))
Standard User orudge
(newbie) Fri 20-Feb-15 11:09:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
If error rates improve than after a couple of weeks the DLM will give back speed, my FTTC has dropped to 15 Mbps and then just left it alone and rose again to 19 to 20 Mbps, and one of the lines has risen slightly more to 21 Mbps now on a good day.

The router reconnected again this morning, this time at 66.97Mbps down. (It's still not rebooted though, it just seems to like reconnecting every 3 days).

I will see if I can try moving things around this weekend and see if that helps things stabilise a bit more.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lelboy
(committed) Fri 20-Feb-15 15:06:11
Print Post

[re: krisk7] [link to this post]

Secondedsmile
Standard User orudge
(newbie) Sun 22-Feb-15 23:14:47
Print Post

Moved the hub away from the TV and replaced the phone data cable with the one that came in the box (was previously using an older one I already had) and speed went up to 72.6Mbps on next reconnect. Hopefully it may creep back up further, but it's a definite improvement on what it was. (It had reconnected at 66Mbps yesterday). Hopefully the random reconnects will stop too!

Standard User orudge
(newbie) Sat 07-Mar-15 22:06:45
Print Post

[re: orudge] [link to this post]

In case anybody's interested, the connection has remained up for the past two weeks, quite stable. Hopefully next time it reconnects, it may go back up to nearer 80Mbps, but moving the hub away from the TV does seem to have helped.

Standard User Jnaro
(newbie) Thu 12-Mar-15 17:15:00
Print Post

[re: orudge] [link to this post]

I've had the same problem with drop in sync - from 79 to 63. It's always been at 79 since I had it installed in 2011. Phoned them up and they did a retrain. But if its crosstalk that wont help. If this persists I'm off to Virgin (was heading in that direction anyway)
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to