User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 16-Mar-15 16:55:33
Print Post

Re: BT are a joke avoid like the plague

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

I only just realised, that with it being a Home Move with BT it's probable the Sky order includes a new line install not a transfer. In which case his BT order will survive.

He'll end up with two I expect.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.4 (interleaved)/15.6Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Standard User 961a
(learned) Mon 16-Mar-15 17:37:05
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
I only just realised, that with it being a Home Move with BT it's probable the Sky order includes a new line install not a transfer. In which case his BT order will survive.

He'll end up with two I expect.

That's when the fun will start
Standard User brightd
(experienced) Tue 17-Mar-15 08:48:49
Print Post

[re: 961a] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 961a:
You won't ever have two lines
That is not necessarily true. My Phone line was always with BT but I has ADSL with PlusNet. When FTTP became available I ordered from BT and for a period had both ADSL from PlusNet and FTTP from BT. The ADSL was only disconnected after I contacted PlusNet to request the termination. If I had not done that I would still have both available. I only ever had one Phone line but I did switch the calls from the copper to the fibre during the process.

David

Infinity 2 over FTTP from BTBroadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User samsonsky
(regular) Wed 18-Mar-15 12:10:10
Print Post

[re: 961a] [link to this post]

Sky is meant to go live friday and they told me it's a take over.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 18-Mar-15 20:39:53
Print Post

[re: samsonsky] [link to this post]

In which case you will get a huge cancellation bill from BT for the phone. You may or may not be safe re the FTTP order. It wouldn't surprise me if you get something for order cancellation this late.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.4 (interleaved)/15.6Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Standard User samsonsky
(regular) Wed 25-Mar-15 21:30:38
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Sky is on and working well, spoke to Ofcom today told them about BT and they said when you moved if they never provided you with internet then your not in any contract.
Standard User samsonsky
(regular) Sat 14-Nov-15 15:48:04
Print Post

It's now 9 months since i moved home and BT are still charging me when i moved because they never setup my phone or internet.

Edited by samsonsky (Sat 14-Nov-15 15:49:42)

Standard User keith969
(member) Sat 14-Nov-15 16:39:36
Print Post

Well maybe you have been unlucky. In the last 6+ years with BT broadband I've few problems. FTTC speed is not great but I am a way from the cab in a small village, I upgraded to FTTC on the website, couldn't have been easier.
Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 14-Nov-15 16:56:31
Print Post

Been with BT since VDSL came available in 2013 - never had an issue, fantastic service. Had one glitch where an engineer disconnected my pair in the cab by mistake, sorted quickly and compensated for it.
Speeds always great, never any problems at all.

Standard User samsonsky
(regular) Sat 14-Nov-15 17:02:38
Print Post

[re: keith969] [link to this post]

I had no problems until i moved to an house with fibre to the house then it went tits up. they even sent open reach out and they said they would need to dig the garden up to install it which they said was fine. Then nothing happened.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to