User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User samsonsky
(newbie) Sat 07-Mar-15 10:28:02
Print Post

Re: BT are a joke avoid like the plague

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

New one i will just have adsl no fibre at all because BT are the only ones that do it.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sat 07-Mar-15 10:51:57
Print Post

[re: samsonsky] [link to this post]

It's not that simple.

What does the dslchecker say for your phone number? www.dslchecker.bt.com

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 07-Mar-15 11:29:57
Print Post

Most ISPs do FTTC. You are almost certainly talking about FTTP where only BT routinely offer it, though there others that will provide it. The result from BatBoy's link will tell us.

Which ISP did you go with?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 52.8 (interleaved)/15.0Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User samsonsky
(newbie) Sat 07-Mar-15 11:43:09
Print Post

I had to go back to Sky not that i wanted to, because i wanted to stay on fibre but all the hassle with BT i had no choice. I will never use BT again now.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 07-Mar-15 11:49:37
Print Post

So BatBoy's link won't work. The full address option in it will though, (don't use the Postcode option), and will show FTTP. That is delivered in a completely different way at your end to FTTC which is why it got messy.

With a bit of patience you would probably have got it, but without seeing the detail of what BT told you it's impossible to know.

You may be able to upgrade to it when your Sky contract gets to the end of the minimum term.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 52.8 (interleaved)/15.0Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sat 07-Mar-15 12:00:05
Print Post

Use the full address checker http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.addres...

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________
Standard User Ragnarok
(member) Sat 07-Mar-15 12:58:44
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Some people must get really unlucky with BT or something.

When I had issues switching over I though I'd ring them to tomorrow, I had a shock when they rung me and the Indian lady went out of her way to make sure the next attempted transfer went smoothly.

I had no issues upgrading to infinity a month later.

I had no problems with retentions getting an improved deal in return for a 12 month contract. paying 12 months line rental up front, and adding bt privacy all in one go.

Would be nice for my line to go a bit faster but is seems to be stuck on an 8db noise margin or banded at 67mbps. it's probably not worth the bother though.
Standard User Fastman2
(member) Sat 07-Mar-15 13:18:51
Print Post

sky offer fibre so why did you not upgragde and get sky fibre -- or will sky not offer itt to you
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 07-Mar-15 13:57:51
Print Post

[re: Fastman2] [link to this post]

They don't offer FTTP so far as I know. That's why BatBoy and I are asking the OP to use the checker, to confirm that's what he would get.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 07-Mar-15 13:58:40
Print Post

[re: Ragnarok] [link to this post]

FTTP, if that's what he can get, is a completely different kettle of onions from FTTC.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to