User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 07-Mar-15 14:06:10
Print Post

Re: BT are a joke avoid like the plague

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

We're kind of shooting in the dark until the OP gives the results of the dslchecker.

Oliver.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 07-Mar-15 14:34:41
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Completely.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 52.8 (interleaved)/15.0Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Standard User samsonsky
(newbie) Sat 07-Mar-15 23:41:35
Print Post

Results below

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 17 -- 10 to 19.5 Available
ADSL Max Up to 7.5 -- 6.5 to 8 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
Copper Multicast -- -- -- Available

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 08-Mar-15 00:08:41
Print Post

[re: samsonsky] [link to this post]

Is that using the full address, or just the postcode? According to it BT couldn't have given you fibre either. Unless the cabinet is full, but it usually says something about that.

There can be database errors. Can you tell us the new exchange please, so we can check another way?

Uh oh!
As well as that, what did the line above the table those estimates were in say? Did in have something like "Address xxxxx on cabinet nn", or did it just say the exchange with no mention of cabinet?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 52.8 (interleaved)/15.0Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 08-Mar-15 00:17:42)

Standard User samsonsky
(newbie) Sun 08-Mar-15 00:17:16
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Is that using the full address, or just the postcode? According to it BT couldn't have given you fibre either. Unless the cabinet is full, but it usually says something about that.

There can be database errors. Can you tell us the new exchange please, so we can check another way?

Uh oh!
As well as that, what did the line above the table those estimates were in say? Did in have something like "Address xxxxx on cabinet nn"?

Checked with post code the area is callington cornwall
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 08-Mar-15 00:19:48
Print Post

The postcode checker is not reliable. You must use the full address as we don't expect your phone number t be recognised.

Also see the question just edited into my previous post about cabinet number info smile.

Standard User samsonsky
(newbie) Sun 08-Mar-15 00:22:20
Print Post

Done with address results below

WBC FTTP Up to 330 Up to 30 -- Available

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 17 -- 10 to 19.5 Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 17 Up to 1.5 10 to 19.5 Available
ADSL Max Up to 7.5 -- 6.5 to 8 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast -- -- -- Available
Copper Multicast -- -- -- Available
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 08-Mar-15 01:22:36
Print Post

There you go smile. As I suggested.

FTTP instead of FTTC. FTTP is fibre all the way to the premises, so you always get the full connection speed that you signed up for. Not affected by your distance from the cabinet like FTTC.

Two things that may not be perfect. It doesn't guarantee no congestion, and it doesn't guarantee that Openreach won't want an extra payment for installing it. It is "Subject to survey", but is normally the same as FTTC.

That will be where the messing around in BT came from, as I doubt if they have had many, if any, house moves from FTTC to FTTP.

Standard User samsonsky
(newbie) Sun 08-Mar-15 01:25:52
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
There you go smile. As I suggested.

FTTP instead of FTTC. FTTP is fibre all the way to the premises, so you always get the full connection speed that you signed up for. Not affected by your distance from the cabinet like FTTC.

Two things that may not be perfect. It doesn't guarantee no congestion, and it doesn't guarantee that Openreach won't want an extra payment for installing it. It is "Subject to survey", but is normally the same as FTTC.

That will be where the messing around in BT came from, as I doubt if they have had many, if any, house moves from FTTC to FTTP.

Hi thanks for all the info, but to late now i have joined sky and will never go back to BT after all this messing around.

Do you know what upload speed i will get with sky adsl please
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 08-Mar-15 01:29:54
Print Post

No, sorry.

Re BT, Plusnet do have FTTP trials ongoing, so maybe at the end of your Sky contract you will be able to get it from them.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to