User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User samsonsky
(regular) Fri 13-Mar-15 16:02:54
Print Post

Re: BT are a joke avoid like the plague

[re: samsonsky] [link to this post]

Small update BT come out today connected the phone line but that's all.

Was meant to have a visit for the fibre broadband but when i called another delay problem at the exchange.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 13-Mar-15 23:20:57
Print Post

It's a pity you hadn't trained in smashing bricks or planks of wood with your are hands. I understand it is good for releasing pent-up frustration in circumstances like this.

More seriously, now you have the line in, (I assume it is working), you really should cancel the Sky order. Unless you have money to burn.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.4 (interleaved)/15.6Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Standard User samsonsky
(regular) Sat 14-Mar-15 00:08:33
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
It's a pity you hadn't trained in smashing bricks or planks of wood with your are hands. I understand it is good for releasing pent-up frustration in circumstances like this.

More seriously, now you have the line in, (I assume it is working), you really should cancel the Sky order. Unless you have money to burn.

Not sure if i should cancel sky because i only have phone working, and no internet.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 14-Mar-15 02:23:05
Print Post

At some point Sky will put in a line transfer request to Openreach. Openreach should inform BT Consumer, who should write to you asking if you want that to happen - if you don't reply saying No then it will happen by default.

There are two dangers. First that you don't get the letter - I believe it isn't 100% certain to be sent, and second as MrSaffron suggested, just the request from Sky might kill your BT Broadband order.

Have you got a date for the next Openreach visit? You are going to need two I think. One that just goes to the outside, (that doesn't need you there), and one for the inside work following it, that does need someone in.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.4 (interleaved)/15.6Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 14-Mar-15 02:26:54)

Standard User samsonsky
(regular) Sat 14-Mar-15 10:08:09
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
At some point Sky will put in a line transfer request to Openreach. Openreach should inform BT Consumer, who should write to you asking if you want that to happen - if you don't reply saying No then it will happen by default.

There are two dangers. First that you don't get the letter - I believe it isn't 100% certain to be sent, and second as MrSaffron suggested, just the request from Sky might kill your BT Broadband order.

Have you got a date for the next Openreach visit? You are going to need two I think. One that just goes to the outside, (that doesn't need you there), and one for the inside work following it, that does need someone in.

Openreach was meant to come yesterday and let me down again, and have told me anything about new visit.. but remember i did cancel the order after they messed me about 3 times so don't understand why they are still sending me emails and telling me dates then not turning up.

They really are a joke and think i might be better off with sky. slower speeds but less hassle.

I have just connected my phone so all the computers can connect to it and the speeds are great for a mobile check the link.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4213154075
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 16-Mar-15 08:42:27
Print Post

If the line was BT then how long have you got that you can cancel them before you go into contract? If the Sky order goes in to late you might end up having to buy out the BT contract before you can switch.
Standard User samsonsky
(regular) Mon 16-Mar-15 09:41:42
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
If the line was BT then how long have you got that you can cancel them before you go into contract? If the Sky order goes in to late you might end up having to buy out the BT contract before you can switch.

It's not my fault BT cant do a simple home move and wont be paying them anything,

4 weeks i have waited and 3 times it's been canceled.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 16-Mar-15 10:04:45
Print Post

Just warning that you could have a fight on your hands - could end up in small claims court or worst case dent your credit record.
Standard User 961a
(learned) Mon 16-Mar-15 10:07:31
Print Post

Sooner or later you'll get a large bill from one or both unless you decide which you want and cancel the other. No good going on about what has gone wrong so far, you won't change that now.

Seems to me neither supplier at the moment knows what you want to happen next
Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 16-Mar-15 10:28:21
Print Post

It's not my fault BT cant do a simple home move
Installing a new FTTP connection is far from being a "simple home move".
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to