User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sun 06-Sep-15 12:45:17
Print Post

Re: AMC on BT TV

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I think 4k cameras are the standard now
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 06-Sep-15 12:55:55
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I doubt BBC has upgraded all its cameras to 4k yet, but some events are certainly recorded in 4k.

It took a good number of years to get the outside broadcast trucks upgraded to all be HD capable, and the data rates of 4K mean another wave of upgrades needed.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sun 06-Sep-15 13:01:51
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

But as an example, the living planet was filmed using 720p cameras when 1080 was the standard.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 06-Sep-15 13:27:02
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

But would have been broadcast upscaled or downscaled to whatever the broadcast channel used as its standard.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 06-Sep-15 20:42:06
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by AndyHCZ:
In the early Virgin HD days most broadcasts where in 720p, then they started going 1080i (for the very reason you mention) and as they where adding higher quality channels from Sky.

BBC have never broadcast in 720p (as have any other broadcaster here), and the original HD broadcasts with VM started some 8-9 years ago...which must have made you what, 11 or 12 years old? blush

Again... I never said BBC....

May I correct your impromptu date estimates, The first HD channel on cable platform was in 2006 (trial) and first official channel (BBC HD) was around the end of 2007....

I was about 13 - 14 years old when I gained my interest in telecoms and home media so yes been around 7-8 years... I do wonder why age has anything to do with this...

I suppose its your usual lack of informative input and just typing nonsense as usual...

May I refer you to another post where you did this and my response!

FTTC* - FTTN - LTE

*Migrating > Full MPF 16th September smile
Standard User vimto_girl
(committed) Mon 07-Sep-15 00:17:46
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by AndyHCZ:
Why would they be delivering in 720p25 if it requires more bandwidth than 1080i50?
720p/50 not 720p/25 (huge difference). Which has a lower bitrate than 1920x1080i/25 both uncompressed and like-for-like compressed.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to