User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 01-Oct-15 11:32:05
Print Post

Re: BT to Deploy IPv6 across entire network by December 2016

[re: ZenUserJP] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ZenUserJP:
Indeed. Zen are about complete with their trial I think. or will be soon.
And both IDNet and AAISP have been running dual-stack for several years now wink

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK
Standard User gt94sss2
(experienced) Thu 01-Oct-15 12:23:47
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

It took over three weeks before BT got around to updating my firmware to the latest version after I started using the HH5... - and that was with it continuously connected..

Edited by gt94sss2 (Thu 01-Oct-15 12:30:41)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 01-Oct-15 12:42:30
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

No idea, but if BT unilaterally changes it network and old hardware does not work, free new hardware should be provided

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 01-Oct-15 12:53:09
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
No idea, but if BT unilaterally changes it network and old hardware does not work, free new hardware should be provided

I can't see that happening, I'm sure at worst BT customers with legacy routers will be left with a (CGN'd) IPv4 and no IPv6.

Oliver.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 01-Oct-15 12:57:34
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

And would make for an interesting day in court whether that was a material change to an ongoing service for those in a contract. I would say it was, as while cgnat is fine for the vast majority of activities it may prove problematic for some services and lead to confusion when some new bit of software does not work.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 01-Oct-15 13:04:27
Print Post

And would make for an interesting day in court whether that was a material change to an ongoing service for those in a contract. I would say it was, as while cgnat is fine for the vast majority of activities it may prove problematic for some services and lead to confusion when some new bit of software does not work.

BT could offer a facility for people to opt-out of CGN as they did do in the past. The vast majority will not opt-out so no problem with running out of addresses.

Oliver.
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Thu 01-Oct-15 13:50:41
Print Post

In reply to a post by Oliver341:

BT could offer a facility for people to opt-out of CGN as they did do in the past. The vast majority will not opt-out so no problem with running out of addresses.
We had to opt out a little while back due to some features we needed to use failed to work and we did some searching and was sharing of IPs that was at fault, and just asked BT to take us off of it and all worked fine since.

Still waiting for BT to switch us to IPv6 due to all our network is IPv6 ready along with our remote servers.

Paul
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 01-Oct-15 14:06:20
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Ah yeah, the opt-out page is still here: https://www.bt.com/appsconsumeraccount/ipSharing.do

I don't know how active BT are these days with provisioning customers on CGN, I haven't heard much about it recently.

Oliver.
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Thu 01-Oct-15 14:30:20
Print Post

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
Ah yeah, the opt-out page is still here: https://www.bt.com/appsconsumeraccount/ipSharing.do

I don't know how active BT are these days with provisioning customers on CGN, I haven't heard much about it recently.
Yeah that seems about right, I ended up doing over the phone and got that and BTFON disabled, we get very low ADSLx as it is so we didn't want to share what we did get LOL.

Paul
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 02-Oct-15 09:01:24
Print Post

The problem is the new hardware BT sent them is IPv6 compatible being the newer HH5, but it is this newer hub that is not working as it should.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to