User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 02-Oct-15 09:06:53
Print Post

Re: BT to Deploy IPv6 across entire network by December 2016

[re: gt94sss2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gt94sss2:
It took over three weeks before BT got around to updating my firmware to the latest version after I started using the HH5... - and that was with it continuously connected..

They are not going to wait for three weeks for it be updated, what is the point in having it if they have to wait three weeks for it to work?

TBH, it should work out of the box, if I can't get it working, then how on earth would other people manage? Maybe if BT concentrated on on things that was important instead of the stupid smart setup, which is not that smart, then trhings may work better.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Fri 02-Oct-15 17:21:59
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
TBH, it should work out of the box, if I can't get it working, then how on earth would other people manage? Maybe if BT concentrated on on things that was important instead of the stupid smart setup, which is not that smart, then trhings may work better.
Well our HH4 (Type A) has supported IPv6 since we have had it, not sure how well it would work, due to not been given IPv6 yet so its all disabled shown below:
IPv6 Status

IPv6 Hub Status:         Disabled 
IPv6 Network Status:     Disabled

IPv6 will be disabled on your BT Home Hub and BT Broadband Network until supported by future services
So I guess its just a waiting game before I would know how well it runs.

Paul
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 02-Oct-15 17:30:04
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Yeah I took that message in the Home Hub 4 to mean that the firmware had IPv6 support but it was currently disabled on the network and the Hub.

However in this article BT state the Home Hub 4 is not IPv6 compatible at all: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-34346803

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver341 (Fri 02-Oct-15 17:31:12)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Fri 02-Oct-15 17:47:08
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Well they said HH4 not HH4 (Type A) , not too sure if they are the same, but either way I have a Fritz!Box 3390 that I could use if our HH4 (Type A) has issues with IPv6.

I would be using it now for our ADSL2+ but due to having issues on our line, and have to be using a BT HH to do some of their tests.

Else I would bin our BT HH.

Paul
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to