User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 02-May-16 10:42:57
Print Post

Re: Compensation claims?

[re: ultra] [link to this post]

She parked, at 15? Then got home as quickly as possible?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59546/15321kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User ultra
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 04-May-16 11:59:31
Print Post

Re: Compensation claims?

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes, she drove to school, and parked within a block (perhaps capacity within the school car park was insufficient). Yes, she was 15 (though perhaps closer to 16, I didn't ask). Leaving school, she like all the other teens using AOL, dashed home to get the computer on and dial-up AOL before all ports were jammed. She'd then have the computer running to download ZIPs etc from her friends...

In California, since 2006, a driving permit can be held by teenagers from 15.5 to 18 years old, and the test taken from age 16. I was visiting in 1997 or thereabouts and don't know the exact rules back then, but her parents would not have allowed her to pick me up at the railway station (I went from Cardiff on Sea to San Diego on a day trip) if there had been some restriction or likelihood of her being stopped.

---

If you run a business, have a second ISP and backup web hosting...
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to