User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 01-Mar-16 21:46:36
Print Post

Re: Slow internet after line fault repaired

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I think it may depend on the firmware. Later firmware doesn't always return the line stats.

Use the Ginp Formula to determine if your vdsl2 connection is with or without G.INP.
Divide your IP Profile by your Sync Speed and the answer is 0.9669 (with) or 0.9679 (without)
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 01-Mar-16 22:04:35
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Ah - the advance of technology - hides more and more from the people who have most need to know.

And who specifies the firmware? The people who don't want the customer to have the info.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59504/15641kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 01-Mar-16 22:05:21)

Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Mar-16 22:15:45
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
As moonpie points out, most of the stats are in the OP, and full connection stats in this post.

IIRC ADSLx stats are available from the HH4. Just not FTTC stats for the simple reason it doesn't have a VDSL2 modem built in.
No, the HH4 (type A) doesn't show ADSLx line attenuation etc, the OP is using a HH4 (type B) so they must be different in what they display.

This is what the HH4A displays...

Paul

Edited by PaulKirby (Tue 01-Mar-16 22:16:59)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 01-Mar-16 22:30:37
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Which answers moonpie's question smile.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59504/15641kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Mar-16 22:36:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Which answers moonpie's question smile.
Yup smile

I hope my HH4 replacement is a Type B tongue

Paul
Standard User Moonpie
(newbie) Wed 02-Mar-16 15:00:07
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

well I had my new HH5b arrive today in preparation for faster broadband FTTC tomorrow which is a whole other story. Anyway was I plugged it in to see if I could get line stats but yet again under helpdesk there is no info apart from connection speed frown . have they removed it again?
Standard User alwall
(member) Wed 02-Mar-16 19:46:17
Print Post

[re: Moonpie] [link to this post]

I also have the HH5b
Attenuation not available AFAIK but sync speed and SNR available in the WAN section of Event Log as here "DSL Link Up: Down Rate=19661Kbps, Up Rate=888Kbps; SNR Margin Down=7.3dB, Up=15.8dB"

BTBroadband
Standard User Moonpie
(newbie) Wed 02-Mar-16 21:43:33
Print Post

[re: alwall] [link to this post]

Really annoying sure it's available on the HH5a
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 02-Mar-16 22:06:59
Print Post

They're available on VDSL2 but not ADSL/2/2+

Use the Ginp Formula to determine if your vdsl2 connection is with or without G.INP.
Divide your IP Profile by your Sync Speed and the answer is 0.9669 (with) or 0.9679 (without)
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 02-Mar-16 22:44:36
Print Post

In reply to a post by Moonpie:
well I had my new HH5b arrive today in preparation for faster broadband FTTC tomorrow which is a whole other story. Anyway was I plugged it in to see if I could get line stats but yet again under helpdesk there is no info apart from connection speed frown . have they removed it again?
Not a clue, I have only had the one HH4a, its ok, we have had better ones like my FRITZ!Box 3390 that allows you to do a hell of a lot more and is a lot better than BT's one, sadly due to line issues I have had to have the HH4a connected due to BT doing tests etc.

And there is a good chance that we will get FTTP before the copper line ever gets fixed, so that FRITZ!Box will probably be a spare for my brother on his line, or if for some crazy reason we go back to ADSL2+ LOL.

But yeah, if I want to know my line stats I just connect my FRITZ!Box and check on that.

Paul
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to