User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Jan-16 12:54:04
Print Post

Re: BT Groups - Broken Promises, Terrible Lies & Long Delays

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

OK, I have an update!

As we speak an Openreach engineer is downstairs punching all the lines into the DP, he plans to pay a visit to all apartments today to fit and connected all master and extension sockets as required and reckons the systems at Openreach will all be up to date on Thursday meaning the line will be official.

I will be pressing BT to keep an eye on the account and keep my 11th slot booked!

PS. The line length at the DP is 290m, so overall line length of around 400 metres perhaps.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 05-Jan-16 12:57:46
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

If Openreach kept a bunch of staff idle with nothing to do then you might have same day responses and engineers, but who wants to pay enough to have an engineering/survey team large enough to cope with roll-outs, new builds, weather events and the usual fault repairs without having to wait a few days?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Jan-16 12:59:59
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yes I understand that, but it don't take to much to ask someone to nip in and check a DP!

Beside's seems that those where more lies as no surveyor is needed, this work has been booked in for sometime apparently.... so I question who actually [censored] up here??

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Tue 05-Jan-16 13:03:44
Print Post

So, his work has been scheduled in. But when was that done? Almost certainly not in the last few days.

What you may have hot is one of the "Chinese Walls" that OFCOM insist on which stops parts of BT communicating directly with each other and even passing information across.

edit to add

Assuming that there is not a noise issue - then at 400m you should be looking at around 80-85 Mbps achievable. As for noise - where do the cables run? In a shared duct with power and lift controls? Or a separate comms duct?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Edited by MHC (Tue 05-Jan-16 13:05:30)

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Jan-16 13:09:21
Print Post

He didn't say but he did seems to put across that it was delayed!

The cables seem to run up the building in one of the utility cupboard which contains Aerial & Satellite Distribution along with intercom connections.

I may go have another look now!
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Tue 05-Jan-16 13:23:05
Print Post

Aerial and satellite feeds should be fine - intercoms however, some have a nasty habit of causing interference.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Jan-16 13:23:31
Print Post

So this is the original DP

Openreach guy has disappeared off for some reason so the utility cupboard has been locked again, however the DP cupboard still accessible,

This is the new DP the guy has decided to install and the connections he's made so far.
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Jan-16 13:31:04
Print Post

In reply to a post by MHC:
Aerial and satellite feeds should be fine - intercoms however, some have a nasty habit of causing interference.

Well this is the intercom system, can't say I've had that much of a look into it though!
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Jan-16 15:05:45
Print Post

Well socket is installed now and connected to DP, However it will be around Thursday/Friday before all checks are completed and paperwork makes it back to office and acted upon on the system.

BT however I saying I still have my slot booked for the 11th so lets hope that stays the case and I'll be back online on Monday!
Standard User kitcat
(committed) Tue 05-Jan-16 16:42:24
Print Post

mimclaren

Well at least you will have a much better connection via the new DP and wiring and should all work on the 11th as booked.

Sounds like he was doing all the flats whilst he was there. It is unlikely that the info to say he was going to do all the work would be allowed to pass between OR and BTRetail and therefore none of the info would pass. ( Otherwise it opens up a marketing opportunity to BTRetail that others would not know about).

All BTR they would have been told is that 'someone' would be around to 'look' at the job. This has been translated by the chinese wispers into a surveyor. It is what happens with Regulatory Chinese walls and limited info.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to