User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 15-Feb-16 16:43:42
Print Post

Re: Myths exploded

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
In reply to a post by PaulKirby:
09:36:12, 07 Feb. ( 62.810000) CWMP: session closed due to error: No response

Another sign the HH4 is not too smart, CWMP attempts to connect to the ACS before the line is even connected up. Silly.
Yeah, but the HH might be checking if it has a connection first by trying to do a connection and when it fails it then knows its not connected LOL

Paul
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 15-Feb-16 17:03:22
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by PaulKirby:
Yeah, but the HH might be checking if it has a connection first by trying to do a connection and when it fails it then knows its not connected LOL

It could check if PPP is up. If PPP is down there's a pretty good chance it is not connected. wink

Only plausible explanation is to account for situations where the Hub is being used as a wireless access point/switch, in which case it would have internet access without PPP. But it should wait 5 minutes or so to let DSL/PPP do its thing first, since it uses PPP up as an event trigger for CWMP and NTP anyway.

Oliver.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sat 20-Feb-16 09:52:50
Print Post

Good news (?) BT have agreed that a replacement HH5 is the way forward. Hopefully it will arrive in a few days.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 20-Feb-16 11:27:23
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
Good news (?) BT have agreed that a replacement HH5 is the way forward. Hopefully it will arrive in a few days.
Nice, lets see if that one is better smile

Paul
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 20-Feb-16 11:49:49
Print Post

A 5A no doubt ... tongue.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59504/15641kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sat 20-Feb-16 12:02:07
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

It's pot luck I think. We'll see.
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 20-Feb-16 12:28:56
Print Post

It's pot luck I think. We'll see.
Well if its a Type A, couldn't you use a crayon and scribble out the A and draw on a B tongue

Paul
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 20-Feb-16 12:42:02
Print Post

Tsk, Tsk! How untidy, scribbling on it.

He should do it the proper way - erase it with chip fat.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59504/15641kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 20-Feb-16 12:50:29
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Tsk, Tsk! How untidy, scribbling on it.

He should do it the proper way - erase it with chip fat.
Well BatBoy might not have any tipex available, or have access to a laser etching machine tongue

So I thought the next best thing would be a crayon.

Paul
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 23-Feb-16 02:08:05
Print Post

Talking about new HomeHubs, we have been loosing connections all over the place and our noise margin went from a stable 6.00 dB to a 9.1 dB dropping our speed by a fair amount and dropping our upstream by half.

So as normal I phoned BT... 30 mins in a queue, was greeted by BT India, explained everything and asked for our line to be reset, he said ok and did some checks and replied that there is nothing wrong with our line, even though it has bad static and screeching noise as you can hear here on the Quiet Line Test, this is how bad it gets when the line goes bad now and then.

He replied and said that the HH4A has reported faults and that they will send me out a new one for free, so result I guess.

I wonder if I will get a HH4B tongue

But that still doesn't resolve the crackling and static on our line.

Paul
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to