User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | [12] | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 23-Feb-16 08:23:30
Print Post

Re: Myths exploded

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

That's a nice little HR fault you have there by the sound of it ......

Until that gets fixed there is no point in getting the profile reset.

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Tue 23-Feb-16 12:05:34
Print Post

Typical BT Customer Service then....

BTInfinity - 79999/19999kbps - Quality Monitor - Quality Monitor 2
VirginMedia - 77000/5250kbps - BQM L1 - BQM L2
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Tue 23-Feb-16 12:06:43
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
Good news (?) BT have agreed that a replacement HH5 is the way forward. Hopefully it will arrive in a few days.

Will more than likely be a 5B... :L

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 23-Feb-16 12:13:22
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

If it ever arrives...
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 23-Feb-16 13:48:34
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
That's a nice little HR fault you have there by the sound of it ......

Until that gets fixed there is no point in getting the profile reset.
Well its an intermittent fault, due to its fine for a while and then we hear all the crackling and it all goes to hell, and knowing our luck where its being intermittent we would get an engineer when its fine and get charged the £130 due to them not finding a fault.

And yeah I know its a waste of time having the line reset every time it gets bad (i.e. every couple of months) but I would rather do that then have to pay the £130 callout charge when they find nothing at that time.

Also where we are in the mists of getting FTTP, been 50 months in the making due to being part of the Commercial FTTP Project which seems to get pushed back in favour of BDUK work, which was another reason why we haven't reported it as a fault.

Did you hear the HH4 syncing up at 1min into the audio clip LOL, it dropped the connection when doing the quiet line test, so something isn't right.

Also the cable (CW1308) going from the BT80B Junction Box to the NTE5a Master Socket is falling apart, TBH I would replace that under my floor my self like I have in the past, but several years back the engineer pulled up all my lovely under the floor wiring and then tucked it under the carpet, yes I know that's a bad idea, but sadly that's what they did, and now that cable if falling apart.

But where FTTP is supposedly due to be completed very soon (classic End of the Month response) we was going to move voice over to FVA and at the same time have the BT80B, NTE5a boxes and copper line moved upstairs at the front of the house where the fibre would enter our house, that would leave me to rip up the old existing cables up and make it all neat and tidy.

Well that is the plan anyway.

Paul
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 23-Feb-16 13:51:20
Print Post

In reply to a post by mlmclaren:
Typical BT Customer Service then....
LOL, yeah, most of the time tongue

I told them we aren't paying for another HH4 and its postage, where the guy replied, not its all free due to being part of the contract.

What would be funny is that it would arrive and then a couple of weeks later our FTTP finally gets activated LOL.

Paul
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 23-Feb-16 14:06:26
Print Post

Did you hear the HH4 syncing up at 1min into the audio clip LOL, it dropped the connection when doing the quiet line test, so something isn't right.

Another classic symptom.
And yeah I know its a waste of time having the line reset every time it gets bad (i.e. every couple of months) but I would rather do that then have to pay the £130 callout charge when they find nothing at that time.

Maybe you should be seeing if BT retail will raise a Boost task, you shouldn't be paying for that, and hopefully you'll get an engineer who listens.

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Tue 23-Feb-16 14:55:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
If it ever arrives...

May I ask if BT has ever had your line profile reset in the past?

I've just looked at the original post again and can see some similarity between your stats and mine when my DSLAM actived Interleaving on my line... and despite both CPE and DSLAM being G.INP capable it didn't bother enablling it until BT had the line reset!

I'm wondering if your line was reset if it would of synced better like mine did!

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 23-Feb-16 14:58:07
Print Post

I've put the modem in front of the HH5 and G.INP is on. The DLM hasn't been reset ever, I don't think.
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Tue 23-Feb-16 15:04:26
Print Post

Hmmm, OK... see what happens hen your new hub arrives I suppose though I think it will be a B model...

I think only Plusnet customers can help us get to the bottom of this now!

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | [12] | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to