User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 26-Feb-16 22:09:31
Print Post

Re: Myths exploded

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
Well well well, I got home tonight and what a surprise - another HH5 has arrived, this time a HH5B smile
Nice, let us all know how it goes.

I think BT India was talking out of his rear, due to our HH4 replacement hasn't arrived yet and I checked on my parents BT Account and its not showing up in orders etc.

So I assume I will have to phone them again and once again sit in a queue for another 30mins, this really sucks.

TBH, I don't even think its the HH4 at fault, but where they said it was, I just thought well I get another HH4 for free and its would just prove my case that its the line and not the HH4.

Paul
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 29-Feb-16 23:59:34
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by PaulKirby:
]In another 13 days, try a power down and wait a couple mins and power back up and see if that reboots the next day, I am guessing it does, I know it did 3 times in a row on our HH4 on our ADSL2+ connection.

I power cycled a couple of days ago, and the OpenRG reboot due this morning didn't happen, so it would appear the 14 days OpenRG reboot goes purely off router uptime.

Noticed another issue with the HH4, unit confusion.

In Helpdesk:
6. Bandwidth: 1167 / 14296

In Connection:
Downstream: 13.96 Mbps

Of course there are 1,000 Kilobits in a Megabit. For some reason it is quoting the bandwidth in Mebibits per second.

Oliver.
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Mar-16 10:15:34
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
In another 13 days, try a power down and wait a couple mins and power back up and see if that reboots the next day, I am guessing it does, I know it did 3 times in a row on our HH4 on our ADSL2+ connection.

I power cycled a couple of days ago, and the OpenRG reboot due this morning didn't happen, so it would appear the 14 days OpenRG reboot goes purely off router uptime.

Noticed another issue with the HH4, unit confusion.

In Helpdesk:
6. Bandwidth: 1167 / 14296

In Connection:
Downstream: 13.96 Mbps

Of course there are 1,000 Kilobits in a Megabit. For some reason it is quoting the bandwidth in Mebibits per second.
I think its more on how stable the HomeHub or connection is at that time.
I have had it reboot itself every 14 to 16 days, and I have had the HH reboot ever few days, so it could be down how stable it all is.

I know it receives config settings every now and then and you get a couple of extra ones not long before it reboots itself.

Paul

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 01-Mar-16 12:54:25
Print Post

I think its more on how stable the HomeHub or connection is at that time.
I have had it reboot itself every 14 to 16 days, and I have had the HH reboot ever few days, so it could be down how stable it all is.

Mine never reboots outside of the 14 day cycle so at least that's something.

I know it receives config settings every now and then and you get a couple of extra ones not long before it reboots itself.

I get two CWMP sessions triggered every day. Looking back at my last OpenRG reboot, the CWMP messages came in about 10 hours before the reboot:
01:09:02, 15 Feb. (1210955.290000) OpenRG will go down for reboot in 5 seconds
15:17:35, 14 Feb. (1175468.730000) CWMP: session completed successfully

CWMP triggers internally a few seconds after boot, regardless of whether it's connected to the internet. For me, everything points to the trigger happening internally on a 14 day uptime timer. As to why some HH4/5 owners don't get the reboots remains a mystery.

Oliver.
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 05-Mar-16 12:18:47
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Well ours has a mind of its own, where as it will do a complete reboot 14 days give or take the odd few hours to a day.
But I have never see it last longer than the 16 or so days.

Not too sure if my HH4a is faulty, but BT keeps cancelling the replacement every time BT says that our current HH4a is reporting fault logs to their system.

But I guess that's BT for you.

Paul
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 09-Mar-16 08:28:41
Print Post

Well I finally received our replacement HH4a in the post yesterday.
It arrived in a BT Hub Swap Box, so they want the old one back including the power adapter for recycling, so it will be refurbished and sent out to somebody else maybe.

Anyhow I wont be connecting it up until our connection does its auto reboot, but there is no harm in setting up everything on the new one while I wait.

As for sending the old one back BT can wait, they have had me wait for the replacement and other stuff, so now they can wait.

Plus I want to make sure everything is working fine first.

Paul
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Wed 09-Mar-16 09:38:20
Print Post

I have a swap box for HH5 and Youview waiting to go back, I tried posting it but was told the barcodes where invalid... told BT via twitter but they wanted me to phone up to sort it out...

No thanks, not queing up wasting my time for there mistake... it sits under the bed until further notice.

BTInfinity - 79999/19999kbps - Quality Monitor - Quality Monitor 2
VirginMedia - 77000/5250kbps - BQM L1 - BQM L2
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 09-Mar-16 10:22:00
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mlmclaren:
I have a swap box for HH5 and Youview waiting to go back, I tried posting it but was told the barcodes where invalid... told BT via twitter but they wanted me to phone up to sort it out...

No thanks, not queing up wasting my time for there mistake... it sits under the bed until further notice.
Well I am only going to try and send it back the once and if it fails due to the same issue, then its their fault, and falls back to them to resolve the issues not the user.

I know for sure I am not sitting in a queue for +30 mins, no way.

Paul
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Wed 09-Mar-16 10:24:19
Print Post

nice to know omeone else agree's with me on that!

BTInfinity - 79999/19999kbps - Quality Monitor - Quality Monitor 2
VirginMedia - 77000/5250kbps - BQM L1 - BQM L2
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 09-Mar-16 10:28:09
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mlmclaren:
nice to know omeone else agree's with me on that!
Damn right, if they want me to contact them to resolve this blunder of theirs, they can phone me, or email me with the new label attached for me to print off.

Paul
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to