There we go, both myths exploded.
The HH5A doesn't reset after 14 days.
The HH5A doesn't support G.INP.
4. Board version: BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime: 16 days, 22:37:04
6. Data rate: 19999 / 70755
7. Maximum data rate: 23838 / 73877
8. Noise margin: 15.2 / 5.6
9. Line attenuation: 11.4 / 11.3
10. Signal attenuation: 11.3 / 11.3
Well the HH4A must be different.
03:11:27, 13 Mar. (1222040.430000) PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]
14D 03H 27M 20S 430mS
Still not replaced my HH4A with its replacement yet, due to I have been busy and need to copy over its config to the new one.
But at least it hasn't increased my SNR when it did its reboot
Also I have just noticed that it has kept the latency as Fast after it had been on Fast for 14 days.
1. Product name: BT Home Hub
2. Serial number: +xxxxxx+NQxxxxxxx
3. Firmware version: Software version 22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.26.1.1
(Type A) Last updated 13/09/15
4. Board version: BT Hub 4A
5. ADSL uptime: 0 days, 14:47:13
6. Bandwidth: 1063 / 5912
7. Data sent/received: 181.8 MB / 4.1 GB
8. Broadband username: [email protected]
9. BT Wi-fi: No
10. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID: Yazoo
11. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 300 Mb/s))
12. 2.4 GHz Wireless security: WPA2
13. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel: 8
14. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID: Yazoo
15. 5 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n (up to 300 Mb/s))
16. 5 GHz Wireless security: WPA2
17. 5 GHz Wireless channel: 60
18. Firewall: Default
19. MAC Address: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
20. VPI/VCI: 0 / 38
21. Modulation: G.992.5 Annex A
22. Latency type: Fast
23. Software variant: -
24. Boot loader: -
So having the latency as Fast does it mean the line is ok now, or has been ok for the last 14 days and could go belly up later on?
I know we have lost a little bandwidth for the low latency (Fast) due to we normally sync at 6424Kbps (downstream of about 5.58Mbps) where as it is now giving us a downstream of about 5.14Mbps.
And getting 5.x Mbps is fine while we wait for BTOR to pull their fingers out and complete the FTTP install.