User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User TheEulerID
(committed) Wed 03-Feb-16 09:25:29
Print Post

Re: Myths exploded

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

That is my experience now, but I suspect it may have been a quick workaround and now the systems have been updated so that g.inp are supported up & down according to the capability of the modem. To have that adaptive capability may have taken some changes to the configuration software.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 03-Feb-16 09:45:03
Print Post

[re: TheEulerID] [link to this post]

So you concede what you posted is wrong wink
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 03-Feb-16 11:30:24
Print Post

It was right at the time it was added to the article. That was the first fix so that ECI modems on Huawei cabs didn't lose 20Mbps or so.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59504/15641kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 03-Feb-16 13:18:16
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hope I haven't lost track here, but are you saying the ECI Modems have now been updated to support G.INP in both direction's?

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 03-Feb-16 13:27:56
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

No, I'm not.

I'm pointing out the date of the linked article and the fact that the problem was diagnosed as the upstream G.INP on Huawei cabinets knocked ECI modems for six. So upstream was disabled - as per the "Latest" addition to the article.

That was why I said "It was right at the time it was added to the article". I didn't and don't say anything about the position now.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59504/15641kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 03-Feb-16 13:31:56)

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 03-Feb-16 13:36:48
Print Post

Right, thanks for clearing that up..

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 03-Feb-16 20:29:22
Print Post

Upstream was never disabled. It was changed so it came on a couple of weeks after downstream.
Standard User Alnath
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 04-Feb-16 09:50:11
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by professor973:
Fourth post here says there is firmware in the wild.
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2066551

That post is nearly a year old and was very likely referring to 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11
Standard User Alnath
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 04-Feb-16 09:53:15
Print Post

[re: Alnath] [link to this post]

Oh, and my HH5 reboots every 14 days as well.
Standard User TheEulerID
(committed) Thu 04-Feb-16 10:16:46
Print Post

No, it changes nothing. What I linked to is a report that upstream g.inp had been disabled due to compatibility issues. That was some time ago, and it seems to me that upstream g.inop has been enabled where the customer's modem is capable of supporting it. That would fit with my experience that the HH5A syncs about 10% slower than an HH5B in the upstream direction on the same line whilst the downstream on both are pretty well the same. Somebody else has also reported that the combination of a separate OR modem & HH5A gives about 10% more upstream throughput against an HH5A on its own but similar downstream.

Not definitive of course, but fairly strong evidence. Your HH5A seems to exhibit unusual symptoms, must notably not rebooting every 14 days (approximately) which everybody else seems to have noted.

So I would say there's decent evidence that the HH5A has some g.inp support, but it has some limitations too.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to