User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Thu 04-Feb-16 19:35:46
Print Post

Re: Myths exploded

[re: TheEulerID] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TheEulerID:
So I would say there's decent evidence that the HH5A has some g.inp support, but it has some limitations too.
We have already seen where the maximum sync on the HH5A on a Huawei cab is exactly the same sync speed on a HG612 on a Huawei cab with G.INP disabled. This is strong evidence that the HH5A operates with G.INP turned off - the HH5A does not support G.INP.
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 04-Feb-16 23:02:51
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

If your line hasn't got G.INP enabled, doesn't mean your hub don't support it... just means your line like mine doesn't need it on...

Have you left any G.INP capable (HG612) connected to the line so that G.INP can be activated then removed it and checked how the HH5a reacts to it??

Also have you tried your HH5a on any other lines with G.INP enabled or connected to G.INP capable DSLAM (Huawei)

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Thu 04-Feb-16 23:08:02
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

When I connect my HG612 then G.INP is enabled and my line syncs at max speed. When I connect my HH5A then G.INP is turned off and no attempt is made to turn it on.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 04-Feb-16 23:39:14
Print Post

SO it immediately deactivates upon connection of your hub... how do you know this... its don't sound right, it would normally stick on until DLM changed it again

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 04-Feb-16 23:42:05
Print Post

How could it stay on and active if the user modem didn't support it? It has to sync with Bearer 1 set up.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59504/15641kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 05-Feb-16 09:54:09)

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 04-Feb-16 23:46:07
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

The modem can still sync with G.INP it just mistakes it for a high/weird INP level

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 05-Feb-16 01:21:47
Print Post

So your opinion on the HH5a's status with G.INP has changed since last June then...

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
Yes, they haven't and I don't think they will.

BT Openreach have helpfully turned off G.INP on the upstream for everyone to mask their buddies, BT Consumer, problems with the HH5A's.
In reference to aastatus.net/2127:
Update
Wednesday 10:36:31 Apologise for the delay in updating this post. BT have confirmed that all trial lines have been loaded with the new profiles, further to this BT have confirmed that all other affected lines have now had the new profiles loaded. That is all lines across all providers.

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Fri 05-Feb-16 08:16:52
Print Post

That's right. It changed as soon as G.INP came back on my upstream 2 weeks later.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Fri 05-Feb-16 08:26:51
Print Post

In reply to a post by mlmclaren:
The modem can still sync with G.INP it just mistakes it for a high/weird INP level
Maybe that was what happened when G.INP first went live and all users on Huawei cabs using ECI modems or the HH5A lost around 10Mbps of downstream speed and experienced large amounts of latency?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 05-Feb-16 09:50:34
Print Post

What I meant was that Bearer 1 has to exist and is set up during the sync. Not that sync didn't happen. Without Bearer 1 there is no G.INP active.

Edit: I've edited the earlier post to clarify.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59504/15641kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 05-Feb-16 09:54:32)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to