User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User gt94sss2
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 11-Feb-16 14:28:48
Print Post

Re: Hmm, Yeah, So Port Forwarding Doesn't work then!

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

Sorry, yes - thats what I meant.

Some find that a factory reset works wonders on a HH..
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Thu 11-Feb-16 15:06:12
Print Post

[re: gt94sss2] [link to this post]

No I haven't to be honest, I can't be arsed with having to reconfigure everything again...

If I was using it with the default settings then maybe it would be a good thing to do but I think its just best for me to limp for the moment until I get a router in (maybe this weekend)

Standard User gt94sss2
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 11-Feb-16 19:10:46
Print Post

From BT's forums it seems that sometimes a a factory reset resolves issues - especially where the firmware has been upgraded as it helps it 'take'/settle down apparently..

Have to say, the HH - while not ideal - is not the worst kit supplied to me by an ISP my a long way..

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Thu 11-Feb-16 23:54:55
Print Post

[re: gt94sss2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gt94sss2:
Have to say, the HH - while not ideal - is not the worst kit supplied to me by an ISP my a long way..

Yes, I certainly agree with that, I wouldn't recommend it for business use though it would suit many for that purpose too...

It's certainly an improvement over [censored] like Plusnet used too and still do put out (not including Hub One)

I think the best ISP router has to got to Virgin for SH2's... couldn't comment on SH3...

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Fri 12-Feb-16 00:25:22
Print Post

Re: Hmm, Yeah, So Thanks For The DLM

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Please could you post the stats from xdslcmd info --show ?

So its later and was wondering what you reckon of the stats as they stand,
# xdslcmd info --show
xdslcmd: ADSL driver and PHY status
Retrain Reason: 0
Last initialization procedure status: 0
Max: Upstream rate = 27565 Kbps, Downstream rate = 91188 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 19999 Kbps, Downstream rate = 79442 Kbps

Link Power State: L0
Mode: VDSL2 Annex B
VDSL2 Profile: Profile 17a
TPS-TC: PTM Mode(0x0)
Trellis: U:ON /D:ON
Line Status: No Defect
Training Status: Showtime
Down Up
SNR (dB): 6.1 15.6
Attn(dB): 16.6 0.0
Pwr(dBm): 13.4 6.9
VDSL2 framing
Bearer 0
MSGc: 14 26
B: 51 237
M: 1 1
T: 64 42
R: 12 16
S: 0.0208 0.3781
L: 24576 5374
D: 1555 1
I: 64 127
N: 64 254
Counters
Bearer 0
OHF: 35702281 3586696
OHFErr: 15 10
RS: 549659872 3002296
RSCorr: 6746652 58
RSUnCorr: 141 0

Bearer 0
HEC: 24 0
OCD: 1 0
LCD: 1 0
Total Cells: 3005103688 0
Data Cells: 216341003 0
Drop Cells: 0
Bit Errors: 0 0

ES: 8 5
SES: 0 0
UAS: 28 28
AS: 47790

Bearer 0
INP: 3.00 0.00
INPRein: 0.00 0.00
delay: 8 0
PER: 1.33 3.98
OR: 119.53 64.22
AgR: 79561.21 20063.54

Bitswap: 19182/19182 3/3

#

I'm thinking of doing a reboot in a mo to see If I get any change though if I remember rightly DLM normally does changes at 2am so maybe worth waiting till after this,,, maybe morning?

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 12-Feb-16 00:31:24
Print Post

Definitely leave it for now. It will reboot anyway if DLM changes and you can only make things worse doing it now. Particularly as just as with ADSLx, night-time sync's are normally slower than day-time.

If the DLM does do anything, certainly don't do another re-sync until Saturday daytime. You don't want it to think it has made a too liberal adjustment and knock it down a notch or two.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59504/15641kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 12-Feb-16 00:33:42)

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Fri 12-Feb-16 00:34:07
Print Post

fair enough, I'll wait and see what BT say tomorrow...

cheers smile

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Sat 13-Feb-16 00:02:39
Print Post

Well someone from BT phoned back, I told him what had been happening and what my issue was, he seemed to be clued up enough on what he & I was talking about...

I explained to him the issues with te home hub but also explained that I might be putting too much pressure on the hub and that's causing it to buckle,

He asked me how many devices I had connected to it so I started listing them off and when I got to around 27/28 he told me to stop, and tell him how many of these devices are connected at one time and how much and how often are they pulling or pushing data within the home network...

He told me that the home hub certainly is not suitable for me as I'm using 3x there recommended amount of devices over the wifi, he said that BT recommends the device only be connected to 8-10 active devices at a time and that support really should end after around 20-25 devices (including LAN)

He said that the more devices plugged into the LAN the better however also said that the devices such as my desktops and NAS's should be connected to a switch so they don't put strain on the HH's router when backups and index updates occur during the night.

I told him that tomorrow I'l be receiving new router and that I'll be using that router with the HG612 to assure no DSL drops when tinkering in the router, he said that is highly recommended, and then we got on to the issue which currently is the DLM & Interleaving...

I requested a line reset, he said he will get this done within the next 48 hours and call me back on Monday...

Later on (earlier this evening) the HH went tits up again, this time is came back to life with factory default settings, it then restarted another 2 times throughout the evening, and since seems to have settled...

I also power cycled the HG612 earlier on too... my sync dropped to 74000..... so think I'll leave that b and hope for this reset to sort [censored] out..

I do miss the good old days of cable broadband, then I moved down south where nothing works...

So busy day tomorrow doing a step by step network setup, going to be stripping the network down as much as possible.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 13-Feb-16 00:37:03
Print Post

If possible avoid any reconnection, as in power-cycling any modem, at any time other than well inside daylight hours. Speeds are affected at dusk, night and dawn just as on ADSLx, as the background noise is higher.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59504/15641kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Sat 13-Feb-16 01:16:24
Print Post

My max attainable is taking a right battering from the neighbours connections, from where I'm sitting now I can see 3 additional BT Home Hub's, A Plusnet Router (Sagemcom) and 3 Sky Hub's...

I may have to dig out an Android device and take a walk around the block collecting the networks and do a count..

Openreach engineers seem to have made a bit of a mess of the DP too, cables hanging out every other few days.. it was all nice tight, tied up and tidy but now all loose and hanging out...

Openreach engineers can't blame old BT engineers for that sort of mess like they've done with regards to PCP's in the past frown

EDIT: Make that 4 BT Hubs!

Edited by mlmclaren (Sat 13-Feb-16 01:21:08)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to