User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Tue 09-Feb-16 12:43:48
Print Post

Hmm, Yeah, So Port Forwarding Doesn't work then!

[link to this post]

This Home Hub 5's a great bit of kit... If you connect keep it simple of course.... Xbox Gaming is a no no though.... and probably anything else that requires port forwarding as it simply doesn't work...

The only way I can forward ports is to put the device in the DMZ which isn't the safest method and also no good if something else is in there already...

I though it was an issue of my own but nope many others saying despite following the guides, port forwarding don't work.

I honestly must say BT's contract is certainly not getting renewed in December... what a damn shambles this whole experience has been....

I've tried to keep things simple, and that also seems impossible...

and as well as this it seems there a couple of other problems I've been facing such as its random restarts and its smart wifi isn't so smart as its currently sharing 5Ghz channels with another 4 BT Hub's from upstairs, downstairs and the neighbour to my right....

I feel so stupid to have thought going to BT and using there kit would of been simpler...

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 09-Feb-16 13:10:15
Print Post

Re: Hmm, Yeah, So Port Forwarding Doesn't work then!

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

Which Xbox games?

Xbox gaming not working at all and needing DMZ mode sounds like something is wrong, rather than the standard set-up given the popularity of games consoles.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 09-Feb-16 13:28:27
Print Post

I would have thought all that port forwarding stuff would be handled by UPnP these days.

Oliver.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PhilipSmith72
(newbie) Tue 09-Feb-16 14:15:34
Print Post

I have port forwarding working fine with my HH5 and Xbox One, giving me an open NAT.

I set up a new service under Advanced Settings > Firewall > Port Forwarding called XboxOneLive, with the following Ports, then assigned it to my Xbox One and it has been rock solid.

Any - -
UDP 88 88
Any 3074 3074
Any 53 53
TCP 80 80
UDP 500 500
UDP 3544 3544
UDP 4500 4500
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Tue 09-Feb-16 15:22:39
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Well its Xbox Live that's reporting strict NAT... but also affects games like GTA Online also....

However now that the Xbox is in the DMZ its all fine and reporting NAT as Open...

However the port forwarding even though followed perfectly and also has been setup on many other routers before just isn't working and after having a look on BT's Forum's I've seen others reporting the same problems and fixing them by putting in DMZ...

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Tue 09-Feb-16 15:24:14
Print Post

[re: PhilipSmith72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by PhilipSmith72:
I have port forwarding working fine with my HH5 and Xbox One, giving me an open NAT.

I set up a new service under Advanced Settings > Firewall > Port Forwarding called XboxOneLive, with the following Ports, then assigned it to my Xbox One and it has been rock solid.

Any - -
UDP 88 88
Any 3074 3074
Any 53 53
TCP 80 80
UDP 500 500
UDP 3544 3544
UDP 4500 4500

I've done all that but still no working... like it should... do you have a HH5a or HH5b?

Standard User PhilipSmith72
(newbie) Tue 09-Feb-16 16:46:05
Print Post

A 5b. Sorry its not working for you, I know how incredibly frustrating it is.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 09-Feb-16 17:52:26
Print Post

NAT and UPnP can have issues if there is more than one games console on the network, is the Xbox One the only device that is likely to need these ports at all?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Tue 09-Feb-16 19:05:13
Print Post

In reply to a post by PhilipSmith72:
A 5b. Sorry its not working for you, I know how incredibly frustrating it is.

Telling me, I'm about one more lag, crash or disconnect away from throwing everything out the window... I'm so [censored] stressed with the hub... it seems everything is just not working properly....

I would blame the Xbox but it seems the xbox stops acting up once its says the NAT is Open... I think its appaling how hard it is just to get one router with wifi too work...

I've tried simplifying everything since I moved into this flat and while everything started working fantastically bit by bit all the performance has declined, the wifi don't seem to be reaching very far no either, just holding onto it now as I type where as this time last week it was fine and running a speed test to 74Mbps+...

I think this who technology is future thing is starting to fail now... I'm so frustrated that I can't even listen to a radio station without an issue at the moment, I may well go and invest in a nice stereo with good old FM on!

Sorry for the rant but the last 24 hours have been the most testing of patience and have put me in a bad mental state... my household needs to be reconfigured as this nonsense of everything relying on a damned router is driving us all nuts..

Standard User partial
(experienced) Tue 09-Feb-16 21:24:43
Print Post

HH5A working perfectly on forwarding ports to my security webcams here. Also perfectly updating DtDNS with my dynamic IP.

Also used it successfully to host a Medal of Honor Allied Attack server, a Ventrilo server and a 'networkactiv' server.

Either your hub is faulty or you are not setting it up right.

Edited by partial (Tue 09-Feb-16 21:39:52)

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Tue 09-Feb-16 22:43:17
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

Hmm yeah I forgot to mention that its stopped connecting to DynDNS a couple of times for some reason... I think it is faulty then but I'm not bothering with another to find out....

I don't like the idea of there being open hotspots on my router, I thought they only had the encrypted WiFi-x hotspots now...

Question is what to replace it with, I had a TP-Link VR900 up until recently but the WPS wouldn't work and there was a strange issue with the DNS that wouldn't budge and was confusing some devices so sent it back...

I'm thinking about going back to the Openreach Modem > Router arrangement too as these days routers seem to wanna restart every time you make a simple change...

Last thing I want is DLM [censored] me off... might end up getting an Airport Extreme at this rate

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 10-Feb-16 09:00:21
Print Post

I use a Billion 8800AXL on BT which works fine for me. I don't have an Xbox but assume it should work fine with one. I do have BT TV and the Internet channel streaming works fine once it is setup correctly.
Standard User bowdon
(member) Wed 10-Feb-16 11:58:31
Print Post

I'm not a fan of the HH's.

Imho it's better to get a modem from a well known auction site, either an ECI or Huawei.

Then setup a good router behind it. I'm using the RT-N66U

I have a PS4 and I've never had to open any ports for the PS4, whether that be for PSN or the games (GTA Online).

Have you setup your Xbox with a static IP address?

Demon => Freeserve => Pipex => Be => Sky => BT Infinity 2
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Wed 10-Feb-16 12:21:29
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
I use a Billion 8800AXL on BT which works fine for me. I don't have an Xbox but assume it should work fine with one. I do have BT TV and the Internet channel streaming works fine once it is setup correctly.

I have considered the Billion but unfortunately its not the best looking thing and the location where the router 'has to' sit is right at the centre of entertinament so looking for something white and cute.... so far I seem limited to VR900/C9 or Airport Extreme...

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Wed 10-Feb-16 12:26:29
Print Post

[re: bowdon] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bowdon:

Imho it's better to get a modem from a well known auction site, either an ECI or Huawei.

I already own a HG612...

I have a PS4 and I've never had to open any ports for the PS4, whether that be for PSN or the games (GTA Online).

Hmm, Yeah what a surprise, Playstation always seems to work... tempted to ditch the Xbox to be honest... and yes the Xbox is setup with static, all my devices are...

I've setup port forwarding for xbox many times before so I can be sure I know what I'm doing, just this pesky hub giving me [censored]..

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 10-Feb-16 12:38:16
Print Post

In reply to a post by mlmclaren:
I have considered the Billion but unfortunately its not the best looking thing

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder... To me it looks no worse than the HH5 that you are currently using.
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Wed 10-Feb-16 12:41:04
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

It's too tall and wide...

It can be either one of those things but not both.... also the billion has a lot of flashing lights on it where as the Hub, VR900 and Airport Extreme

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Wed 10-Feb-16 12:42:04
Print Post

SO much for BT keeping there support pages up to date.... they're saying the latest firmware is older than the one I'm running!

I've also started a chat online with BT support and its gone from 3 minute wait to 8:15... and now 8:18... just keeps increasing....

I've made a huge mistake going to BT...

Edited by mlmclaren (Wed 10-Feb-16 12:43:28)

Standard User bowdon
(member) Wed 10-Feb-16 13:05:24
Print Post

It's probably the hub that isnt working. My HH5 broke. It kept re-syncing about 20 times a day and got my sync speed dropped by DLM. I didn't bother re-ordering another.

I would recommend forwarding a port to your computer internal ip then downloading the port testing program from portforwarding.com Port Checker and check the port is open. Alot of website port checkers don't work even though the port is open. If the port your testing on your computer is closed then you know for sure its the Hub thats borked.

Demon => Freeserve => Pipex => Be => Sky => BT Infinity 2
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Wed 10-Feb-16 13:16:12
Print Post

Yeah I might as well not bother with another Hub, I've just prepped the HG612 for reconnection though need to wall mount it first and ordered a shorter DSL lead (50cm) to connect it...

At the moment its looking like I will be getting an Airport Extreme

I also did the tests you recommended the other day which confirmed the screw up!

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Thu 11-Feb-16 11:41:47
Print Post

Re: Hmm, Yeah, So Thanks For The DLM

Well, it had an episode this morning and after a reboot checked and the stats had changed.....

Straight away pinged BBC, noticed an additional 8ms on the pings... pretty obvious whats happened... so disconnected and dug out the HG612 from my old house and now all connected...

Stats checked and yes an odd level of Interleaving and G.INP not enabled... I didn't think DLM was assigning Interleaved profiles anymore...

I've lost around 500Kbps so not going to cry about that but as a gamer latency pretty important but we'll see I suppose...

I wonder if BT can request my profile reset after this nonsense from there hub.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 11-Feb-16 12:36:09
Print Post

Is it an HH5A or 5B? I can't see where you say.

Please could you post the stats from xdslcmd info --show ?

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59504/15641kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Thu 11-Feb-16 12:38:08
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Is it an HH5A or 5B? I can't see where you say.

Type B....

Will do once I've got it connected to LAN

Just chatting with "Shweta" from BT

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Thu 11-Feb-16 13:14:52
Print Post

As requested heres the Telnet stats...

# xdslcmd info --show
xdslcmd: ADSL driver and PHY status
Retrain Reason: 0
Last initialization procedure status: 0
Max: Upstream rate = 27302 Kbps, Downstream rate = 91644 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 19999 Kbps, Downstream rate = 79442 Kbps

Link Power State: L0
Mode: VDSL2 Annex B
VDSL2 Profile: Profile 17a
TPS-TC: PTM Mode(0x0)
Trellis: U:ON /D:ON
Line Status: No Defect
Training Status: Showtime
Down Up
SNR (dB): 6.2 15.4
Attn(dB): 16.6 0.0
Pwr(dBm): 13.4 7.0
VDSL2 framing
Bearer 0
MSGc: 14 26
B: 51 237
M: 1 1
T: 64 42
R: 12 16
S: 0.0208 0.3781
L: 24576 5374
D: 1555 1
I: 64 127
N: 64 254
Counters
Bearer 0
OHF: 5725627 1930840
OHFErr: 0 0
RS: 1465571088 3750067
RSCorr: 611263 0
RSUnCorr: 0 0

Bearer 0
HEC: 0 0
OCD: 0 0
LCD: 0 0
Total Cells: 1170691028 0
Data Cells: 7055879 0
Drop Cells: 0
Bit Errors: 0 0

ES: 0 0
SES: 0 0
UAS: 28 28
AS: 7665

Bearer 0
INP: 3.00 0.00
INPRein: 0.00 0.00
delay: 8 0
PER: 1.33 3.98
OR: 119.53 64.22
AgR: 79561.21 20063.54

Bitswap: 3174/3174 0/0

PS: BT said hub not faulty tongue

Edited by mlmclaren (Thu 11-Feb-16 13:15:54)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 11-Feb-16 13:24:13
Print Post

Assuming a Huawei cabinet then G.INP should cut in fairly soon then. What caused it to drop out, no idea sorry.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Thu 11-Feb-16 13:29:31
Print Post

Assuming a Huawei cabinet then G.INP should cut in fairly soon then. What caused it to drop out, no idea sorry.

Aye, It's a Huawei 96/128 (The Wee One)

Home Hub keeps having fits and cutting out, unfortunately I couldn't say how many times it done it as until an hour ago I had no CQM going on due to the HH's port forwarding not working and another device occupying the DMZ..

"Sheet" said :
"I have refreshed your line... You will get a call tomorrow from BT Tech Experts tomorrow between 1 - 1:30pm"

"Here is your ref id....."

I hope that means a DLM/Line Profile reset...

Standard User gt94sss2
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 11-Feb-16 13:55:42
Print Post

Hmm yeah I forgot to mention that its stopped connecting to DynDNS a couple of times for some reason... I think it is faulty then but I'm not bothering with another to find out....

Have you tried a 'hard reset'?
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Thu 11-Feb-16 13:56:50
Print Post

[re: gt94sss2] [link to this post]

As in factory?

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 11-Feb-16 14:00:13
Print Post

I think a DLM reset will cut out both interleaving and G.INP, until it decides if it needs either.

If it does find the error rate requires action I wouldn't be surprised if interleaving isn't the first step, then later replaced by G.INP. With lick, I'm wrong and if action is needed G.INP would be the first step.

It will be interesting to see what happens! Any chance you could run DSLStats (I think is the one) on the HG612. So we have a history, not snapshots taken by you perhaps missing something happening.

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Thu 11-Feb-16 14:10:22
Print Post

Well Fast Path is where I would be happy, however G.INP would be the next preferred step of error correct (if required)

Unfortunately no I won't be able to run DSLstats, I only have iMac's plugged in and no VM's setup on them yet...

Windows devices are laptops and not willing to run them flat out as thats the perfect way to shorten their already endangered lives.

Standard User gt94sss2
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 11-Feb-16 14:28:48
Print Post

Sorry, yes - thats what I meant.

Some find that a factory reset works wonders on a HH..
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Thu 11-Feb-16 15:06:12
Print Post

No I haven't to be honest, I can't be arsed with having to reconfigure everything again...

If I was using it with the default settings then maybe it would be a good thing to do but I think its just best for me to limp for the moment until I get a router in (maybe this weekend)

Standard User gt94sss2
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 11-Feb-16 19:10:46
Print Post

From BT's forums it seems that sometimes a a factory reset resolves issues - especially where the firmware has been upgraded as it helps it 'take'/settle down apparently..

Have to say, the HH - while not ideal - is not the worst kit supplied to me by an ISP my a long way..
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Thu 11-Feb-16 23:54:55
Print Post

In reply to a post by gt94sss2:
Have to say, the HH - while not ideal - is not the worst kit supplied to me by an ISP my a long way..

Yes, I certainly agree with that, I wouldn't recommend it for business use though it would suit many for that purpose too...

It's certainly an improvement over [censored] like Plusnet used too and still do put out (not including Hub One)

I think the best ISP router has to got to Virgin for SH2's... couldn't comment on SH3...

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Fri 12-Feb-16 00:25:22
Print Post

So its later and was wondering what you reckon of the stats as they stand,
# xdslcmd info --show
Max: Upstream rate = 27565 Kbps, Downstream rate = 91188 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 19999 Kbps, Downstream rate = 79442 Kbps

Down Up
SNR (dB): 6.1 15.6
Attn(dB): 16.6 0.0
Pwr(dBm): 13.4 6.9
VDSL2 framing
Bearer 0
MSGc: 14 26
S: 0.0208 0.3781
L: 24576 5374
D: 1555 1
Counters
Bearer 0
OHF: 35702281 3586696
OHFErr: 15 10
RS: 549659872 3002296
RSCorr: 6746652 58
RSUnCorr: 141 0

Bearer 0
HEC: 24 0
OCD: 1 0
LCD: 1 0
Total Cells: 3005103688 0
Data Cells: 216341003 0

ES: 8 5
UAS: 28 28
AS: 47790

Bearer 0
PER: 1.33 3.98
OR: 119.53 64.22
AgR: 79561.21 20063.54

Bitswap: 19182/19182 3/3

#

I'm thinking of doing a reboot in a mo to see If I get any change though if I remember rightly DLM normally does changes at 2am so maybe worth waiting till after this,,, maybe morning?

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 12-Feb-16 00:31:24
Print Post

Definitely leave it for now. It will reboot anyway if DLM changes and you can only make things worse doing it now. Particularly as just as with ADSLx, night-time sync's are normally slower than day-time.

If the DLM does do anything, certainly don't do another re-sync until Saturday daytime. You don't want it to think it has made a too liberal adjustment and knock it down a notch or two.

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 12-Feb-16 00:33:42)

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Fri 12-Feb-16 00:34:07
Print Post

fair enough, I'll wait and see what BT say tomorrow...

cheers smile

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Sat 13-Feb-16 00:02:39
Print Post

Well someone from BT phoned back, I told him what had been happening and what my issue was, he seemed to be clued up enough on what he & I was talking about...

I explained to him the issues with te home hub but also explained that I might be putting too much pressure on the hub and that's causing it to buckle,

He asked me how many devices I had connected to it so I started listing them off and when I got to around 27/28 he told me to stop, and tell him how many of these devices are connected at one time and how much and how often are they pulling or pushing data within the home network...

He told me that the home hub certainly is not suitable for me as I'm using 3x there recommended amount of devices over the wifi, he said that BT recommends the device only be connected to 8-10 active devices at a time and that support really should end after around 20-25 devices (including LAN)

He said that the more devices plugged into the LAN the better however also said that the devices such as my desktops and NAS's should be connected to a switch so they don't put strain on the HH's router when backups and index updates occur during the night.

I told him that tomorrow I'l be receiving new router and that I'll be using that router with the HG612 to assure no DSL drops when tinkering in the router, he said that is highly recommended, and then we got on to the issue which currently is the DLM & Interleaving...

I requested a line reset, he said he will get this done within the next 48 hours and call me back on Monday...

Later on (earlier this evening) the HH went tits up again, this time is came back to life with factory default settings, it then restarted another 2 times throughout the evening, and since seems to have settled...

I also power cycled the HG612 earlier on too... my sync dropped to 74000..... so think I'll leave that b and hope for this reset to sort [censored] out..

I do miss the good old days of cable broadband, then I moved down south where nothing works...

So busy day tomorrow doing a step by step network setup, going to be stripping the network down as much as possible.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 13-Feb-16 00:37:03
Print Post

If possible avoid any reconnection, as in power-cycling any modem, at any time other than well inside daylight hours. Speeds are affected at dusk, night and dawn just as on ADSLx, as the background noise is higher.

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Sat 13-Feb-16 01:16:24
Print Post

My max attainable is taking a right battering from the neighbours connections, from where I'm sitting now I can see 3 additional BT Home Hub's, A Plusnet Router (Sagemcom) and 3 Sky Hub's...

I may have to dig out an Android device and take a walk around the block collecting the networks and do a count..

Openreach engineers seem to have made a bit of a mess of the DP too, cables hanging out every other few days.. it was all nice tight, tied up and tidy but now all loose and hanging out...

Openreach engineers can't blame old BT engineers for that sort of mess like they've done with regards to PCP's in the past frown

EDIT: Make that 4 BT Hubs!

Edited by mlmclaren (Sat 13-Feb-16 01:21:08)

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Sat 13-Feb-16 19:15:40
Print Post

Well took delivery off £200's worth of new equipment today to replace the hub and now find its incapable of being used with BT TV...

Words cannot describe how much stress I'm under at the moment, so looks like I'll have to return everything and request a new home hub and maybe downgrade to ADSL when my contracts up.....

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 13-Feb-16 19:18:52
Print Post

frown

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Sat 13-Feb-16 19:22:22
Print Post

indeed...

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sat 13-Feb-16 19:26:06
Print Post

Most new routers should support IGMP Multicast these days. Are you sure yours don't?
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Sat 13-Feb-16 20:38:39
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Well mine supposedly supports IPTV... but just looked online and folk o BT's forums are saying its not supported

Standard User Bryer
(experienced) Sat 13-Feb-16 21:24:21
Print Post

I already own a HG612...

Hmm, Yeah what a surprise, Playstation always seems to work... tempted to ditch the Xbox to be honest... and yes the Xbox is setup with static, all my devices are...

I've setup port forwarding for xbox many times before so I can be sure I know what I'm doing, just this pesky hub giving me [censored]..

The Xbox should work seamlessly if you have UPNP enabled. Never had to configure port forwarding on the HH for my brother in law when I set his up, did it all itself with UPNP, I'd make a back up of your settings and then factory restore the HH.
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Sat 13-Feb-16 22:53:39
Print Post

[re: Bryer] [link to this post]

After last nights factory reset the xbox did start showing a 'moderate' NAT but whilst Xbox Live services still worked my game did not...

After a short time of trying to get online on my game and giving up I checked back again and the NAT setting had gone back to strict, I did another factory reset but got same thing...

I've now just factory reset the hub again as I've no had to put that back on and box up the gear brought today...

I'm not even bothering with the xbox!

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Sat 13-Feb-16 23:07:45
Print Post

and the hub continues to be the biggest [censored] on the face of this damned earth.....

I feel sorry for the guy who's calling me back on Monday because I will be passing the absolute fury I'm feeling right now on to him....

I think I'm going to be calling for termination of my contract as at the moment I can't even listen to some damned music.... the whole experience with BT has been a never-ending headache and I'm sure its going to continue to be a pain for the foreseeable future also...

My message to those thinking of joining BT.... avoid it... avoid it.... avoid it.....

Standard User Bryer
(experienced) Sun 14-Feb-16 00:08:10
Print Post

It's not the Xbox at fault. I'd say it's the home hub having huge issues. Do you have more than one Xbox on your network?

Did you set the Xbox's static IP address at the router or the console? People reporting that if the Xbox One is set to anything manual in the Settings > Network > Advanced screen that it will struggle to connect properly with a HH5.

Sky to BT causes Xbox blocked

Edited by Bryer (Sun 14-Feb-16 00:16:46)

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Sun 14-Feb-16 00:29:33
Print Post

[re: Bryer] [link to this post]

I can assure you I've done the setup of the xbox properly and yes I know its the HH at fault....

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Sun 14-Feb-16 00:31:10
Print Post

Sorry to bug you again, but I'm a wee bit concerned about the stats of my connection that I've pulled through HG612 Stats...

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~= Plink log 2016.02.14 00:23:45 =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=

xdslcmd info --stats
Max: Upstream rate = 25978 Kbps, Downstream rate = 86100 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 19999 Kbps, Downstream rate = 74454 Kbps

Down Up
SNR (dB): 6.3 15.6
Attn(dB): 16.7 0.0
Pwr(dBm): 13.4 7.1
VDSL2 framing
Bearer 0
MSGc: 18 26
S: 0.0222 0.3781
L: 23040 5374
D: 1457 1
Counters
Bearer 0
OHF: 80813690 3708901
OHFErr: 71 12
RS: 3508257836 750661
RSCorr: 963256 100
RSUnCorr: 3525 0

Bearer 0
HEC: 809 0
OCD: 16 0
LCD: 16 0
Total Cells: 3634548139 0
Data Cells: 545557361 0

ES: 11 11
UAS: 27 27
AS: 115384

Bearer 0
PER: 1.42 3.98
OR: 134.47 64.22
AgR: 74588.63 20063.54

Bitswap: 36490/36490 15/15

Total time = 1 days 8 hours 3 min 31 sec
FEC: 963256 100
CRC: 71 12
LOS: 0 0
LOF: 0 0
LOM: 0 0
Latest 15 minutes time = 3 min 31 sec
FEC: 2569 0
CRC: 0 0
UAS: 0 0
Previous 15 minutes time = 15 min 0 sec
FEC: 6161 0
Latest 1 day time = 8 hours 3 min 31 sec
FEC: 410823 0
CRC: 26 0
ES: 3 0
Previous 1 day time = 24 hours 0 sec
FEC: 552433 100
CRC: 45 12
ES: 8 11
Since Link time = 1 days 8 hours 3 min 3 sec
FEC: 963256 100
CRC: 71 12

HELLO HG612
xdslcmd info --pbParams
Max: Upstream rate = 25978 Kbps, Downstream rate = 86100 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 19999 Kbps, Downstream rate = 74454 Kbps

Discovery Phase (Initial) Band Plan
US: (7,32) (871,1205) (1972,2782)
DS: (33,859) (1216,1961) (2793,3959)
Medley Phase (Final) Band Plan
US: (7,32) (871,1205) (1972,2782)
DS: (33,859) (1216,1961) (2793,3959)
VDSL Port Details Upstream Downstream
Attainable Net Data Rate: 25978 kbps 86100 kbps
Actual Aggregate Tx Power: 7.1 dBm 13.4 dBm
=========================================================================================
VDSL Band Status U0 U1 U2 U3 U4 D1 D2 D3
Line Attenuation(dB): 4.6 21.9 32.8 N/A N/A 11.6 28.4 43.4
Signal Attenuation(dB): 4.6 21.1 32.1 N/A N/A 13.1 28.2 43.4
SNR Margin(dB): 21.6 15.5 15.5 N/A N/A 6.1 6.1 6.1
TX Power(dBm): -2.7 -21.6 6.6 N/A N/A 10.1 8.2 6.9

Good Bye HG612

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Sun 14-Feb-16 02:09:53
Print Post

Well just found out BT's losing Fox/Fox HD on their platform so that's definitely the BT TV getting cancelled, I'm hoping that being able to cancel the Broadband and Phone will also be allowed based on it being bundled together.

EDIT: UPDATE - BT TV Cancelled - So will be refitting TP-Link C9 today

Edited by mlmclaren (Sun 14-Feb-16 12:24:51)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 14-Feb-16 20:08:15
Print Post

Decided not to leave then?
Linky.

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Mon 15-Feb-16 00:47:50
Print Post

Well I phoned and they guy was saying that just the TV would be cancelled, I could of probably argued it but ai cant be arsed and don't see the point

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Mon 15-Feb-16 13:37:03
Print Post

Re: Hmm, Yeah, So HG612 To The Rescue

Well looks like the line was reset around 8am this morning, and then after a reboot I was put on a G.INP profile...

# xdslcmd info --show
Max: Upstream rate = 26053 Kbps, Downstream rate = 86456 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 19999 Kbps, Downstream rate = 79999 Kbps
Bearer: 1, Upstream rate = 0 Kbps, Downstream rate = 0 Kbps
Down Up
SNR (dB): 7.6 15.5
Pwr(dBm): 13.3 7.1
VDSL2 framing
Bearer 0
MSGc: -6 26
B: 130 237
T: 0 42
R: 8 16
S: 0.0518 0.3781
L: 21468 5374
D: 16 1
I: 139 127
N: 139 254
Q: 16 0
V: 14 0
RxQueue: 60 0
TxQueue: 20 0
G.INP Framing: 18 0
G.INP lookback: 20 0
RRC bits: 0 24
Bearer 1
MSGc: 186 -6
B: 0 0
M: 2 0
T: 2 0
R: 16 0
S: 5.3333 0.0000
L: 48 0
D: 3 0
I: 32 0
N: 32 0
Q: 0 0
V: 0 0
RxQueue: 0 0
TxQueue: 0 0
G.INP Framing: 0 0
G.INP lookback: 0 0
RRC bits: 0 0
Counters
Bearer 0
OHF: 0 86949
RS: 26538272 3650256
RSCorr: 0 0
Bearer 1
OHF: 21540 0
RS: 257743 0
RSCorr: 0 0

Retransmit Counters
rtx_tx: 163 0
rtx_c: 0 0
rtx_uc: 0 0

G.INP Counters
LEFTRS: 0 0
minEFTR: 79982 0
errFreeBits: 422199 0

Bearer 0
Total Cells: 53177437 0
Data Cells: 124647 0

Bearer 1
Total Cells: 0 0
Data Cells: 0 0

UAS: 26 26
AS: 346

Bearer 0
INP: 48.00 0.00
delay: 0 0
PER: 0.00 3.98
OR: 0.01 64.22
AgR: 80614.82 20063.54

Bearer 1
INP: 4.00 0.00
INPRein: 4.00 0.00
delay: 3 0
PER: 16.06 0.01
OR: 95.62 0.01
AgR: 95.62 0.01

Bitswap: 20/20 0/0

#

Pings back down to single digits, so I'm happy enough now..

I hope I can retain the downstream above 79999/19999 though dropping below this isn't the end of the world and based on the distance between my building and the PCP I'm pretty chuffed with sync.

I suppose I will wait for BT to get back in touch now to confirm fix, I'm still unsure whether or not I should request a new hub.... I know I'm not using one now but they will ask me to use one in the future if there was another issue soo.....

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Wed 02-Mar-16 10:00:18
Print Post

Damned that pesky crosstalk...

xdslcmd info --stats
Max: Upstream rate = 25011 Kbps, Downstream rate = 78696 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 19999 Kbps, Downstream rate = 79999 Kbps
Bearer: 1, Upstream rate = 0 Kbps, Downstream rate = 0 Kbps
Down Up
SNR (dB): 5.5 14.6
Pwr(dBm): 13.3 7.1
VDSL2 framing
Bearer 0
MSGc: -6 26
B: 130 237
T: 0 42
R: 8 16
S: 0.0518 0.3781
L: 21468 5374
D: 16 1
I: 139 127
N: 139 254
Q: 16 0
V: 14 0
RxQueue: 60 0
TxQueue: 20 0
G.INP Framing: 18 0
G.INP lookback: 20 0
RRC bits: 0 24
Bearer 1
MSGc: 186 -6
B: 0 0
M: 2 0
T: 2 0
R: 16 0
S: 5.3333 0.0000
L: 48 0
D: 3 0
I: 32 0
N: 32 0
Q: 0 0
V: 0 0
RxQueue: 0 0
TxQueue: 0 0
G.INP Framing: 0 0
G.INP lookback: 0 0
RRC bits: 0 0
Counters
Bearer 0
OHF: 0 2764231
OHFErr: 3 140
RS: 2298899472 4142383
RSCorr: 1632866 1033
Bearer 1
OHF: 85287221 0
RS: 1023445914 0
RSCorr: 205 0

Retransmit Counters
rtx_tx: 8224 0
rtx_c: 7526 0
rtx_uc: 14 0

G.INP Counters
LEFTRS: 57 0
minEFTR: 79982 0
errFreeBits: 1671615189 0

Bearer 0
Total Cells: 302673117 0
Data Cells: 4267566270 0

Bearer 1
Total Cells: 0 0
Data Cells: 0 0

ES: 2 103
AS: 1369927

Bearer 0
INP: 48.00 0.00
delay: 0 0
PER: 0.00 3.98
OR: 0.01 64.22
AgR: 80614.82 20063.54

Bearer 1
INP: 4.00 0.00
INPRein: 4.00 0.00
delay: 3 0
PER: 16.06 0.01
OR: 95.62 0.01
AgR: 95.62 0.01

Bitswap: 321171/321171 105/105

Total time = 1 days 20 hours 32 min 33 sec
FEC: 1632866 1033
CRC: 3 140
Latest 15 minutes time = 2 min 33 sec
FEC: 1908 0
Previous 15 minutes time = 15 min 0 sec
FEC: 11456 0
Latest 1 day time = 20 hours 32 min 33 sec
FEC: 1016635 69
CRC: 0 12
ES: 0 6
Previous 1 day time = 24 hours 0 sec
FEC: 145035 48
CRC: 0 8
ES: 0 6
Since Link time = 15 days 20 hours 32 min 5 sec
FEC: 1632866 1033
CRC: 3 140
#

Upon next resync (if any) I will be losing downstream bandwidth... there's also a possibilty that the connection will become very unstable in the evenings now that the SNR is below its target...

Hmmm.... I miss cable....

BTInfinity - 79999/19999kbps - Quality Monitor - Quality Monitor 2
VirginMedia - 77000/5250kbps - BQM L1 - BQM L2
Standard User smouty
(regular) Thu 03-Mar-16 12:31:47
Print Post

Regarding the original issue of strict NAT.
I found on my router (Tomato base RT-N66U) that even with the correct ports forwarded I was getting strict NAT. I enabled UPNP and an already open port was added for Teredo which I understand is an IP v4 to v6 tunnel.
Once this was opened NAT went to open.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to