User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sun 08-May-16 12:34:02
Print Post

Re: BT Price hike speed upgrade?

[re: sam_nospam] [link to this post]

Oh, my mistake, you're attenuation isn't as bad as I thought. The HH5 presents them as up/down not down/up. I think you should see 60-70 Mbps down and 15-19 Mbps up on Infinity 2 as a guess.
Standard User sam_nospam
(committed) Sun 08-May-16 12:48:34
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
Oh, my mistake, you're attenuation isn't as bad as I thought. The HH5 presents them as up/down not down/up. I think you should see 60-70 Mbps down and 15-19 Mbps up on Infinity 2 as a guess.

Thanks for the update wink

I'll wait and see if I hear from BT about the increases. At the moment, for me, an upgrade to the Infinity 2 package would be good, particularly as I seem to use the net for just about everything now days, including watching TV etc.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sun 08-May-16 13:07:27
Print Post

Obviously its always better to see what www.dslchecker.bt.com estimates for your line rather than my guess wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User sam_nospam
(committed) Sun 08-May-16 13:16:03
Print Post

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
Obviously its always better to see what www.dslchecker.bt.com estimates for your line rather than my guess wink

Just tried that and got ..

Downstream - High = 79.4 Low = 61.2
Upstream - High = 20 Low = 20

Will have to wait and see if there's any deals or offers made by BT if/when they send info about the increases but again, the upgrade to Infinity 2 looks tempting smile

Cheers
Standard User dazb73
(newbie) Sun 08-May-16 14:05:00
Print Post

Currently out of Contact with BT been with them 4 years and all they could offer me was £39 with line rental, i expected better than that. So now looking for a new Provider Unlimited Usage for £30 a month.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sun 08-May-16 14:07:18
Print Post

[re: dazb73] [link to this post]

What speeds do you get?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 08-May-16 14:23:25
Print Post

So it now just comes down to what you want for the upstream, and how much you want to pay. You will certainly get 50Mbps'ish on the new Infinity 1, but clearly a lot more on Infinity 2 plus the higher upstream.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59546/15321kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User sam_nospam
(committed) Sun 08-May-16 14:58:37
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
So it now just comes down to what you want for the upstream, and how much you want to pay. You will certainly get 50Mbps'ish on the new Infinity 1, but clearly a lot more on Infinity 2 plus the higher upstream.

Yes, I think if I am offered a deal, then the Infinity 2 package would seem the better of the two options.

If the upstream on Infinity 2 is anywhere near the 20 as advertised, then the chances are will be happy... having said that, I seem to do ok now with the 9 megs I get at the moment but always handy to have more for getting the stuff into the cloud.

Cheers
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Sun 08-May-16 17:40:10
Print Post

Your Max Data rate of 21437 suggests you will sync at 199xx or so, with a throughput of around 19Mbps. I would be surprised if it was much lower than that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User sam_nospam
(committed) Sun 08-May-16 17:43:26
Print Post

Update: - I think the BT sales team must be watching this forum as I've *just* had the email informing about the changes in July and telling me about the additions (up to 52 megs download/extra cloud storage etc.) that I can expect with the changes smile

I also got an invitation to take up a couple of other offers and after logging into my BT account, there's a few additional ones over the up to 52 megs offering including the upgrade to BT Infinity 2 and the other things that go with it for ... like the increased Cloud storage etc.... just like was mentioned by some in this thread for £22.50 per month.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to take them up on the Infinity 2 deal smile

Thanks for all for the info and help.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to